Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
GREAT day!
0%
Good day.
29.17%
So-so...
41.67%
Bad day.
16.67%
WORST DAY EVER!!!
12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Good day?/Bad day?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Default RE: Good day?/Bad day?

ORIGINAL: kelly

the dice has been rolled and the cards are on the table. i think it's going to be a PERFECT day. i am communicating this 100%
Kelly is my favorite Irish name, and being Irish myself, I can see that you're very lucky and I'm sure that you'll get what you want. Enjoy your PERFECT day!!! My day is looking very bright as well.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:45 PM

complete **** day... i think iv never been more tired and feeling worse

practice for crew sucked...
almost passed out from squatting outside with 400lbs doing 10 sets or 10 reps in the direct sunlight...
had to be on my feet all day at work sweating my *** off and dealing with useless people who dont know how to do their job right
had to go back to practice a 2nd time and had to do threshold out on the water... threw up 3 times....

overall it was a really really fun day[:@]

sorry, they venting was needed

Old 07-11-2006, 12:58 AM
5th Gear

i'm usually a pretty upbeat person, but today was one of the worst days i've had in months...and the weird thing is, nothing particularly horrible happened...as soon as i got to work i was slammed with problems to solve (that's not unusual though)...then in solving those problems i started thinking about how i pretty much work harder than any other person at my store...there's two people above me, the service manager and the general manager, and every single time they have something they don't know how to do, it ends up on my desk! i almost walked into the GMs office to give him my two weeks, but i know that i'd be screwed (financially) if i did that, and i probably couldn't find a job that pays as well as this place..so i stopped myself...this job is just too damn stressful for me to handle though! and i've had my share of stressful jobs in the past, its not like this is anything new for me...anyway, venting here made me feel a little better...i'm gonna start searching for a new job tomorrow...the worst part about quitting this place is the fact that i really do enjoy it here. the guys i work with are awesome and my bosses are pretty cool overall. the stress level is just too much for me. thanks for starting this thread jazz! i feel better..

Old 07-11-2006, 01:08 AM

Just a little piece of advice:

Every job has parts that suck really bad. If most of your job is enjoyable then it makes sense to work on the part that sucks. Maybe a little conversation over your frustrations to your two bosses might help? If that doesn't work then looking for a new job is always a solution. It seems to me that trying to fix your current situation is the best alternative with no downside. If nothing changes, then look for a new job.

I've had a lot of different positions and have found that stressful situations can be resolved. Not worth starting a new position over only one problem.

Take my advice or tell me to shove it, but I do speak from experience.

Sorry for all of the stress. I do understand how you feel.

Chef

Old 07-11-2006, 01:28 AM
5th Gear

i guess you're right, i should talk with my bosses before i do anything i'll regret...i'll tell em i want to have a meeting with them tomorrow and see where it goes from there...thanks for the advise, chef! i'm still a young kid and i have a tendency to do stupid things sometimes..i appreciate your thoughtful response!

-b

Old 07-11-2006, 01:31 AM
2nd Gear

so i just found out that as of the 21st of july my company is taken out 40% of our wages. i am sooo vexed rite now, but good thing is that other companys that perform the same type of work have been offering me jobs, i might just go with them. not sure yet cause theres talks about a strike from this 40% wage cut. so i guess if 190 technicians decide to strike, the company isnt goin to be making any money in our region. and they cant fire 190 ppl and hire 190 more rite after when 100 of us (including myself) have been working there for more than 3 years. just really p!sses me off. and the thing about it is 1 month ago they (upper management.big wig retards) said how much money the comanpy is making and busy season comes and tehy cut our cash when we all know where its goin. nice vactions in cuba and buisness trips to europe. ahhhhhhh. thanks for listening to me vent. feel alot better after i let it all out.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:58 AM
4th Gear

do you know how hard it is to get to cuba. not like you just jump on your plane and go over there. anyway. sorry to here. yeah, mannagement usualy is good at one thing and that doesn't incluce mannaging.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: flyboy

do you know how hard it is to get to cuba.
That's why they hadda taks SO MUCH from the Techies. It's takes BIG BANK to bribe officials, these days. Inflation and gas prices have driven up the cost of graft!

Old 07-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

not a bad day, but a good day.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:10 PM

[sm=exactly.gif]

Quick Reply: Good day?/Bad day?