Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Going Vegetarian?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Default RE: Going Vegetarian?

with out getting too into the details.......

Why the Fawk would you do such a thing? [sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif]

Old 11-29-2007, 12:01 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

i think if you're gonna go vegiterian, and i mean TRUE VEGITERIAN.....you have to do daily meditation poses to rid your body of the free radicals
we have to talk, if consume a bevrage it is amazing it is the best way to get rid of free readicals and toxins and it has high orac ratings
http://www.ningxiared.com/index.html
its from this company ive been to theyre expo;s and it was great!!

Old 11-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Administrator

i just wanna try it for a week anyways
but i am cuting out the fast food from my life for sure

Old 11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
1st Gear

I gave up meat for a couple of years, but never gave up fish. I'm not a big fan of dairy in general so nothing to give up there. As several people have posted, there are many excellent sources of non-meat protein - I used the book "Being Vegetarian For Dummies" for guidance.

I have since added limited meat back to my diet, mostly chicken and on rare occasion red meat. The key is moderation - my meals are never meat focused, and I still stick to non meat dishes and meals most of the time. My motivation was better health, and reducing my footprint in the planet (the resources consumed to produce 100 animal based calories is about 3.5 times that for plant based, and often non-sustainable or with negative impact on the environment).

To dispell rumors that vegetarianism is the domain of the skinny and weak, I am very physically fit with good muscle development and do long distance cycling as a hobby (longest ride each year is a one day 205 mile event). You do get more energy by reducing meat and replacing it with high quality plant protein, and the fact that many endurance athletes are veggie gave me the confidence to give it a try.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:05 AM

Cheng,

Good luck. Also, you need to do some good research on produce and products that mix tomake complete proteins. I think it is probably a healthier way to eat and live, but you need to have a good educational background on food to make sure you are feeding your body properly.

Personally, I love to eat ALL kinds of food and wouldn't dare to give any of it up. However, everything is good in moderation.

Cheers!

Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

i just wanna try it for a week anyways
but i am cuting out the fast food from my life for sure
Probably one of the best decisions you could make in regards to food intake. I cut out fast food like 1.5 years ago and I DO feel better. If I feel the need to get a quick bite I'll hit up Panera or something similar (I do realize it's still not the best for a person but better than McD's).

Old 11-29-2007, 02:26 PM
2nd Gear

If you are what you eat then I want to eat cheetah steaks for land speed, Dolphin burgers for speed in the water and intelligence, Elephant meatloaf for memory and long life span, sliver back gorilla tacos for overall strength, and eagle egg omelets for vision. Does anyone else have any suggestions I think I have most of the basics covered[8D].

!!!Omnivore For Life!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 02:53 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah I know how you feel I recently gave up fat girls. It's going to feel like something is missing in your life, but in my case I take comfort in knowing that with the girls I see now, there's more room in my bed. The hot tub isnt missing water, fridge is full, restaraunt bills go down. There's a bright side to changes in life usually. Me, I gave up fat girls because I never enjoyed them, if you enjoyed meat stay with it, dont block it out completely. Meats gotten you this far!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: David

Shoreboy, vegetarianism doesn't turn people into twigs, and it is healthy if done properly.

I'm sorry, I forgot to add the other part. I realize it doesn't do that, and I do realize it is healthy. I'm just saying it has different effects on different people, and the level you decide to go, like one person on here said they will eat eggs, dairy etc. But the girl I used for an example eats no animal product at all, no dairy or eggs. I've seen quite a few vegetarian body builders, and they look to be doing all right. It just needs to be done properly. I wouldn't be able to do it though, I need that steak and burgers

Old 11-30-2007, 05:16 PM
5th Gear

this may sound weird but i feel like a kind of ecstacy when i bite into a piece of meat. now im not talking about McNuggets, im talking about a real piece of meat. if anybody took meat out of my diet i would eat them