Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Global Warming my ASS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Administrator

I don't know if I should be happy or jealous right now.

It's 81 where I'm at right now.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:04 PM
5th Gear

I'm running a lightweight battery, in the back of my car (12 feet of battery cable). Small battery coupled with lots of battery cable make for a slight loss of CCA's from stock.

So, long story slightly shorter, my car didn't start this morning, so I tried to pop start it, but the driveway is icy, so the tires didn't grip enough to turn the engine over, so I had to push it to the next downhill section, and my feet slipped of the f'ing ice, and when I fell i caught myself on the top edge of my driver window, fortunately, it was with my face... black eye now...
So, I get it to the next potential place to pop start it, and I can't get enough speed, so now I'm at the bottom of the drive, blocking it, with a car that won't start.
Got someone to jump start me, and from all the not-starting that the car was doing previously, I flooded it and fouled out the sparkplugs.
Pushed it into the snowbank so people could drive by, and had someone from work come get me.
Replaced plugs and jump started it this evening, and all is well.
BTW, it was -14°F this morning, and climbed to a high of 8°F.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:01 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Man, I get cold when it's like 50-60*F outside. I'd never be able to deal with anything around 0*F. I don't have any idea what that kind of cold feels like, and I plan on keeping it that way.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
I'm running a lightweight battery, in the back of my car (12 feet of battery cable). Small battery coupled with lots of battery cable make for a slight loss of CCA's from stock.

So, long story slightly shorter, my car didn't start this morning, so I tried to pop start it, but the driveway is icy, so the tires didn't grip enough to turn the engine over, so I had to push it to the next downhill section, and my feet slipped of the f'ing ice, and when I fell i caught myself on the top edge of my driver window, fortunately, it was with my face... black eye now...
So, I get it to the next potential place to pop start it, and I can't get enough speed, so now I'm at the bottom of the drive, blocking it, with a car that won't start.
Got someone to jump start me, and from all the not-starting that the car was doing previously, I flooded it and fouled out the sparkplugs.
Pushed it into the snowbank so people could drive by, and had someone from work come get me.
Replaced plugs and jump started it this evening, and all is well.
BTW, it was -14°F this morning, and climbed to a high of 8°F.
if it makes u feel better i slipped and broke my wrist

Old 01-17-2009, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

Yeah, today was really friggin cold! Damn heated seats don't warm up fast enough. On a side note, it is supposed to snow where I am this Sunday and I'll get to drive the A4 in it for the first time!

Old 01-17-2009, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

you guys suck. a couple weeks ago it snowed here and it stayed snowy for a while and was around 10 degrees... now its sunny every day and its around 60 degrees....

Freaking nevada weather is SO wierd....

Old 01-17-2009, 01:03 AM
5th Gear

Haha this last week has been a pretty steady -10 to -15 here... pretty bloody cold.
The coldest I've ever seen my cars thermometer read was -32 degrees celcius... Can't remember if it was windy that day.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:33 AM
2nd Gear

All this complaining over cold temps. Pssh. It's been -30 here ambient. -50 w/ windchill a few days ago. Oh, and we've got about 5 feet of snow.....

Old 01-17-2009, 02:32 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by scg87
All this complaining over cold temps. Pssh. It's been -30 here ambient. -50 w/ windchill a few days ago. Oh, and we've got about 5 feet of snow.....
Where the ef are you?

Old 01-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
I love it when it's cold outside and someone makes a global warming remark. You know extreme weather variences/ice ages are a byproduct and result of global warming right? I know it's just a joke.. But yeah, damn cold. Glad I had a snow day from work!
I wondered who'd be the first to point this out. This kind of weather is exactly that - potentially a consequence of the warming and created by the lack of climatic regulation that comes from shrinking the polar caps.

For my part, I agree with you guys - it's cold enough to snap your nipples off. My buddy Bill sent me a pic of his dashboard on the way to work yesterday, showing -18. I had -14 on mine, and we have been under a windchill warning since Thursday, warning of windchills of -24.

I feel like I'm abusing my car by starting it.

Quick Reply: Global Warming my ASS!!!