Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Glasses (But I'm tough, I never clean them)
31.82%
Bifocals (I'm rilly, rilly old)
0%
Contacts (I like to poke myself N tha eye)
18.18%
LASIK (I like to $ee)
4.55%
NOPE!!! (Don't need nuthin, I'm gud)
45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Glasses, Contacts, LASIK, or au naturale?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 05:14 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Glasses, Contacts, LASIK, or au naturale?

They must be AWFULLY large for THAT. I try to sleep in my bed, usually. Sometimes a chair, when I'm at work, like I am now...

Old 08-07-2005, 05:23 AM
2nd Gear

I'm a glasses man. I've had the same pair for 5 years, changed the lenses once. They stopped making the frames, but I really like them so I'm holding out until I either need a new perscription or I finally get contacts. The company my dad works for is owned by Johnson and Johnson, so I can get a sweet deal on contacts. I've been thinking about Lasik for a while, but I figured it would be best to wait until the long term effects are known and my eyes stop growing. The last thing I'd want is to go blind (or close to it) and not be able to drive anymore.

Before you ask, no my dad doesn't make baby shampoo. All my friends ask me if he makes baby shampoo [:@]

Old 08-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Site Moderator

I know 2 people who had the lasik treatment. One of them had 20/30 vision corrected to 20/15.

Old 08-07-2005, 06:54 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

I've worn glasses since 1st grade. Astigmatism. Did contacts for a couple of years, about a decade ago shortly after soft lenses first came out (can you imagine poking a tiny piece of GLASS onto your eyeball... yeech!). Got tired of all teh schitt I hadda buy to keep 'em clean, my eyes clean, the case clean, the cleaner clean... scheeesh!!! I'm back to glasses. Maybe when LASIK becomes foolproof I'll be fool enough to try it
that's pretty much my story, except it was 4th grade for me, and i like contacts, however i ran out, and haven't gotten more. my mom had the glass ones, crazy they actually made those. like you i want to see what happens to LASIK patients 20+ years after surgery, see if there are bad side effects (like ******** hair falling out, or someother nonsense)

Old 08-07-2005, 08:50 PM
2nd Gear

I don't really care about my ****** hair, I just don't want to go blind one day because I had a laser in my eye. I'd rather hassle with contacts every morning and still get the 'no glasses' look. My brother started glasses in 3rd grade, no crossed eyes, astigmatism. He got his eye uncrossed, but before that, they had him wearing an eye patch to "make the lazy eye work." Now, as a result of "making the lazy eye work," he has no depth perception because he only uses one eye. They both work, but he only uses one.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Administrator

damn.. my vision is something im very proud of... 20/13.. it was the highest the machine could test for.. and the highest ever is 20/10... and to think i used to be the kid pointing the laser pointer in his eyes

Old 08-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Senior Administrator

Maybe that's why your eyes are so good... NEone got a laser pointer I can borrow?

Old 08-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Administrator

LMAO!!!