Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Getting screwed by AoA! help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Default Getting screwed by AoA! help!

Hey guys,

First of all I am a new member to the Audi family. I am originally a jeep guy so this is a big change. I just picked up my 04 B6 A4 a couple of weeks ago and love it so far. However, Audi of America is not cooperating with me at all. Here is the scoop.

On the day I find the Audi I want, I find out it is certified pre-owned (good), so the private dealer and I call up AoA and find out if the warranty is transferable on this particular car after giving them the VIN. We are assured that it is transferable after some paperwork. So I buy the car. Fastforward a week, I call AoA, give my VIN again and other pertinent information to find out specific information on where to send payment ($150), what all is covered, etc... She is very pleasant and answers all of my questions. 2 days later as I am writing the check I call to verify to whom to make the check out and the new rep on the phone tells me that I CAN'T HAVE THE WARRANTY!

So I bought the car BECAUSE it came with a warranty and was told multiple times by AoA that there would be no problem in transferring this extended warranty that would cover me up to 100,000 miles. Now I am left out in the cold with a really nice without a warranty. Should I be entitled to this warranty since I was TOLD twice that I will be given it? I feel like I'm getting shafted because I was lied to.

What should I do?

Old 11-17-2007, 08:04 AM
Default RE: Getting screwed by AoA! help!

go back to the dealer. bitch to them about it.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:47 AM
1st Gear

You can always use other independant warranty companies like warrantydirect.com. They will warranty your vehicle for when the manufacture warranty expires and you can always warranty your vehicleeven after 100,000 as long as you dopurchase planbefore your mileage reaches 100,000. But I have come to learn that sometimes things are not worth the headache. If you feel you go a great deal, then good going. If you feel the warranty is more headache than it is worth, look somewhere else for waranty. Peace!

google "car warranty"

Old 11-18-2007, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

Man that really sucks. I would defienently bitch to a manager or something at the dealership and have them call AoA with you there.

Hope everything works out