Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

getting my first tattoo...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:41 PM
4th Gear
Default getting my first tattoo...

im really excited and im getting something good for a good reason...

any suggestions about taking care of it? or tips/pointers?

Old 02-03-2008, 02:46 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: getting my first tattoo...

Just do everything they tell you to at the parlor, you should be fine, dont pick at it too much, its gonna itch i bet.. good luck hope you like what you get

Old 02-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Zombie Defense Force

put lotion on it all the time or it will dry out and scratch, if you scartch it, it i will fade and scar. where are you getting it and what is it of? they are fun i have one on my back

Old 02-03-2008, 02:58 PM
4th Gear

Lots of lotion, keep it out of direct sunlight for awhile, and don't pick the scabs!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:54 PM
3rd Gear

The shop will probly tell you to use vitamin A&D ointment. The vitamin D will help scarring and the A will help with the itch. My brother is an artist and I have several tatsof my own.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Administrator

I always use A&D ointment on a new tattoo when I get one - so far, I haven't even had any rising or scabbing of any parts of them. That stuff works great. Like ADubyaD said, do what they say at the parlor and you'll be fine. Generally, if it peels, once it's done peeling it's pretty much permanent and won't be affected by anything (ie, scrapes, cuts, etc). But don't get it wet until they say you can, and don't pick or scratch at it - keep the ointment on it and it shouldn't itch. Really coat the hell out of it too - my arms always looked like I just pulled them out of a cow's birth canal for the first few days lol - I pile that stuff on, but so far zero issues.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

do yo need me to pm youmy initials?

Old 02-03-2008, 10:50 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

I always use A&D ointment on a new tattoo when I get one - so far, I haven't even had any rising or scabbing of any parts of them. That stuff works great. Like ADubyaD said, do what they say at the parlor and you'll be fine. Generally, if it peels, once it's done peeling it's pretty much permanent and won't be affected by anything (ie, scrapes, cuts, etc). But don't get it wet until they say you can, and don't pick or scratch at it - keep the ointment on it and it shouldn't itch. Really coat the hell out of it too - my arms always looked like I just pulled them out of a cow's birth canal for the first few days lol - I pile that stuff on, but so far zero issues.
LOL.

Definitely be liberal with it.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Slut

so what is it of and where are you getting it done? (on your body, not shop location).. i have one and i had zero problems with it... it didnt itch, it peeled a little. but it looks good after a couple weeks.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:06 AM
4th Gear

do yo need me to pm youmy initials?
please do... hah

my brother who was 26 passed away and his favorite animal was a dragonfly so im getting a dragonfly with the dates he live in the wings... im getting it on my side, i know its supposedly the most painful but he went through the pain of death so ill manage...

Quick Reply: getting my first tattoo...