Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Get ripped

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Default Get ripped

I just joined golds gym near my office. ever since i got this promotion and im a desk jockey i put on a few pounds and muscles began deteriorating. I was in awesome shape in high school an college but back then i could do anything and be in good physical condition. I also realized less chicks look my way these days and i get i have a bf more often at bars which is forcing me to have to work out. [8D]

Now i need advice on working out and eating right, anybody with any info they can share i would appreciate it. I know i dont need any supplements to put on the muscle mass i want as i have always been big. the objectives are to lose a few pounds and get ripped again. I especially need the arms and chest to come back (chicks dig it). I have nothing but time to work out and stuff. For cardio i ordered a set of puching bag gloves that i will use to box against my bag (best cardio there is imo). And i will do whatever it takes when it comes to weights and eating. Currently i have 2 hard boiled epp whites for bfast and a can of healthy choice soup for lunch and then a kinda regular dinner (i.e past 3 nights have been chicken breast and green veggie). I cut out all condiments except tobasco sauce.

give input

Old 08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Get ripped

Dude if you have any questions my aim is skidplatexa4. I've been lifting for years, and have read alot about it. Diet, tips . etc...

Old 08-29-2005, 10:37 AM

i cant install aim this is a work computer.

i was interested in what to eat? i was thinking going lower carb high protien. Im not too concerned with fat or sodium but i would cut that out when i can. tell me what you think

Old 08-29-2005, 07:40 PM
3rd Gear

Eat lots of protein and limit carbs, but not so little as to crash. Use a protein supplement if needs be. Twinlab, Designer etc.
Creatine has always worked well with my body but people are different. I use it and have put on about 10-15 LB of muscle with it.
Amino acids are great for building muscle mass and they will help you recover quicker, as will the Creatine.

I weight-train six days a week with Saturdays off as a rest day.
My cardio consists of boxing, cycling and a cross-trainer.

Like you said yourself, if you want to get cut, boxing/punching a punchbag is the best exercise by far. Put on a basic trash bag next to your skin if you want to get ripped and drop weight quickly.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:06 AM
2nd Gear

since i thankfully have alot of time on my hands i do cardio in the morning around 9am. i do 4-500 cals on ellepitcal, then at around 4pm i lift. in HS a few years ago i was 6'2 135-145lbs, now im hovering the 190lb mark. been lifting for a little bit over a year, its my favorite thing to do.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:28 PM
2nd Gear

Make sure you really limit yourself to the amount of soda and alcohol you drink. there's a lot of empty calories there that will help you lose the weight if you stop drinking it all together.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:07 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SlowWagon08

Make sure you really limit yourself to the amount of soda and alcohol you drink. there's a lot of empty calories there that will help you lose the weight if you stop drinking it all together.
The best advice yet. If you are going to make just ONE change to your diet, DO NOT drink soda or alcohol. I know of friends that have dropped 20LBS in TWO weeks just from quitting soda all together.

And don't forget the holy grail, drink LOTS of water.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:36 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

ORIGINAL: SlowWagon08

The best advice yet. If you are going to make just ONE change to your diet, DO NOT drink soda or alcohol. I know of friends that have dropped 20LBS in TWO weeks just from quitting soda all together.

And don't forget the holy grail, drink LOTS of water.
that would be me, I did just that one thing, and not only did I loose a lot of weight, but you can't belive how much better it makes you feel, you know without you sugar going up and down so much.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:10 PM
4th Gear

I work out a good amount,and pretty ripped.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

Is drinking mineral water any better than regular water? I ask because I've been downing a liter of (naturally) sparkling mineral water almost every day instead of soda. It still has that little bite from the carbonation, but its not all sugar.

Quick Reply: Get ripped