Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

German Plate list

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: German Plate list

GUD NEU's

I got da HUKUP!!! This is STR8 from the email I got from teh OWNER of the company:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
German, Belgium, Or Swedish EEC Reflective Plate (4.5" x 20.5"- 520mm x 114mm) With or Without Stickers $10.00 ea.
Zoll Reflective Plates (4.5" x 20.5" - 520mm x 114mm) - $10.00 ea.
Solid Plates (4.5" x 20.5" - 520mm x 114mm) - $6.50 ea.
Multi-Effect and Glitter Plates (4.5" x 20.5" - 520mm x 114mm) - $4.00 ea.
German and U.S. Style Future Frames, in Thick Heavy-Duty Plastic - Colors = Black, Chrome and Metallic - $4.75 ea. to $7.50
Hardware Kits: M5.5 x 19mm Self Tapping, M5.5 x 16mm Self Tapping, M5 x 20mm Nuts & Bolts, M4.8 x 16mm Nuts & Bolts - $2.00 ea.
Suction Mounting Pad With Screw, In Either 35mm or 40mm - 35ยข ea.
Next Day Delivery In Most Cases.
All With 10 MINIMUM QUANTITY!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Company WEBSITE
They even do platres w/special characters click here for some examples. They're less authentic-looking and slightly cheaper.

Folks, THIS is the place where OTHER places that sell German-style plates gets their plates from. So, not only can we get the "insider" price, but, we can get our stuff back QUICKER!!!

Now we need to know is WHO wants HOW MANY of WHAT, and work out the logistics. Our current publishes list notwithstanding... PM me WHAT you want your plate to say!!! I will be compiling and posting the list from the PM's you guys send me. Jared, if you want in I WILL PAY FOR YOURS. That's Jared's ONLY. Unless a couple of you others wanna chip in and spread teh cost of Jared's plate... If so, let me know when you PM me. Also include which holder you want, if any. I'll ADD $1.75 to your to your costs for drop shipping (NEbody OUTSIDE the US will hafta be calculated seprately, more on that as I find out how to do it), and get back with you what your costs will be.

Be patient. We've got teh hookuo but I DON'T want to jump in too fast and end up stuck for the cost. This is my first coordinated group buy so be patient. OK? OK!

More to follow...

Old 08-12-2005, 01:26 AM
2nd Gear

Daaaaaaamn dude....

Wish I had known about this thread. I JUST ordered one europeanplates.com....for a plate, 2 stickers, a frame and shipping for $40.

Mine is gonna read IN-SU 03...Which has a dual meaning..."IN" is the german city code for Ingolstadt, home of our beloved Audi factory. Also, I went to graduated from Syracuse in '03 when we won the NCAA tourney

Personally, I think the authentic-looking plates look cooler than the novelty ones..although those look cool too, just my preference. I checked how they assign plate numbers, and made mine legit (technically).

Check out this for city codes: http://www.europeanplates.com/citycodes.htm
And this for lots more info on how to make yours look authentic: http://www.europeanplates.com/germanplateoverview.htm

Old 08-12-2005, 01:28 AM
1st Gear

sorry boss i was just answering someones question... sooo i think i got the idea.. boss.

Old 08-12-2005, 03:08 AM
5th Gear

YGPM, jazz!

Old 08-12-2005, 03:41 AM
2nd Gear

OMG jazz, you really came through. I LOVE YOU. that just made my day/night

Old 08-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Senior Administrator

^^^Between my network of friends and the internet (you guys encompass BOTH) I don't think there's NEthing I can't find/find ouy

BUMP

PM me with your German Plate desires.

Jazz7, sorry you missed out.

2.8, NP. S'all gud.

Old 08-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Administrator

PM sent to ya Jazz!

Old 08-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Senior Administrator

Just so ther's no confusion with NEbody NOT familiar with the EEC license plates. My explaination/decription follows each, in {BOLD-BRACKETS}...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
German, Belgium, Or Swedish EEC Reflective Plate (4.5" x 20.5"- 520mm x 114mm) With or Without Stickers $10.00 ea. {Normal EEC-Style plate. Blue EEC sticker (ring of gold stars w/D underneath for Deutchland [Germany], but if you desire a DIFFERENT letter let me know what country you want and we'll make it happen *just for you*, really!)}

Zoll Reflective Plates (4.5" x 20.5" - 520mm x 114mm) - $10.00 ea. {International plates with a RED sticker on teh r/h side denoting the month/year vehicle was registered, as opposed to the "dot"-style stickers in the middle of teh EEC plates}

Solid Plates (4.5" x 20.5" - 520mm x 114mm) - $6.50 ea. {Plates w/o the blue l/h sticker or teh red r/h sticker. You get 10 characters per plate vs. 9 with the non-solid plates}

Multi-Effect and Glitter Plates (4.5" x 20.5" - 520mm x 114mm) - $4.00 ea. {colorful options for teh "solid" plates. Various colors available for both the background and lettering, even "rainbow" lettering. Also, instead of the registration stickers seperating one side from the other you can have fun/funny symbols (see company website for some examples.) PM me with what you want and I'll see if it's available}

German and U.S. Style Future Frames, in Thick Heavy-Duty Plastic - Colors = Black, Chrome and Metallic - $4.75 ea. to $7.50 {Black plastic = $4.75/Chrome&Mettalic = $7.50 Make sure you tell me which, if any, you want. If you don't ask you DON'T get!!!}

Hardware Kits: M5.5 x 19mm Self Tapping, M5.5 x 16mm Self Tapping, M5 x 20mm Nuts & Bolts, M4.8 x 16mm Nuts & Bolts - $2.00 ea. {Same as the license holders. STATE your preference. If you don't say what you which you go W/O}

Suction Mounting Pad With Screw, In Either 35mm or 40mm - 35ยข ea. {Same as the license holders and hardware. STATE your preference. If you don't say which you want you go W/O}

Next Day Delivery In Most Cases. {I'm going with the "drop shipment" delivery method. Costs an extra $1.75 each, for US delivery and takes up to three EXTRA days. If outside CONUS contact me and we'll work something out.}

All With 10 MINIMUM QUANTITY!!! We still need a couple more folks to join in to make 10. Ask your friends. If YOU trust them so will I (after all, it's going on YOUR order )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Company WEBSITE

They even do platres w/special characters click here for some examples. They're less authentic-looking and slightly cheaper.

Now we need to know is WHO wants HOW MANY of WHAT, and work out the logistics. Our current publishes list notwithstanding... PM me WHAT you want your plate to say!!! I will be compiling and posting the list from the PM's you guys send me. Jared, if you want in I WILL PAY FOR YOURS. That's Jared's ONLY. Unless a couple of you others wanna chip in and spread teh cost of Jared's plate... If so, let me know when you PM me. Also include which holder you want, if any. I'll ADD $1.75 to your to your costs for drop shipping (NEbody OUTSIDE the US will hafta be calculated seprately, more on that as I find out how to do it), and get back with you what your costs will be.

Be patient. We've got teh hookuo but I DON'T want to jump in too fast and end up stuck for the cost. This is my first coordinated group buy so be patient. OK? OK!

More to follow...

Old 08-12-2005, 05:42 PM
5th Gear

what are the suction mounting pad things?? and should i go with 35 or 40mm?

Old 08-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Senior Administrator

I can't fina a picture of the suction cup thingys, but, if memory serves, they'd be useful for temp mounting, kinda like how some dealers use their "D" tags. Or, possibly for mounting in teh rear window, if you reverse the hooks. I'll give teh guy a call this evening and make sure it's what I think it is and PM you back (as well as post the info here, duh!), OK?

EDYT: Just talked to teh guy... The suction cup is a simple scution cup w/a screw that goes through teh plate and allows you to temp mount your tag, for shows & schitt. Reverse it and you can suctiion-cup mount it to teh inside of your rear window (to keep it safer, I guess). Also, the registration stickers ($3,50 for BOTH mo/yr) are for current mo/yr that teh order is placed. Thos that said tehy wanted them will get them, unless they PM me to say they want NOT to get them.

Quick Reply: German Plate list