Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

German JDM??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 01:28 AM
1st Gear
Default German JDM??

with my civic the "cool" parts to have are JDM parts and not to rice the car out, im new to german cars so is there a "cool" style like the JDM style with jap cars for german cars?

Old 10-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Administrator
Default RE: German JDM??

sure.. there is RS.. and S lines that people convert to.. i think that is what your asking sorry if its not the answer.. but im not to familiar with modding japanese cars

Old 10-16-2005, 01:53 AM
4th Gear
Old 10-16-2005, 01:59 AM
Administrator

but wouldnt that be the aftermarket independent companies.. ie what some ricers are going for kinda like Mugen, APC, etc...

Old 10-16-2005, 02:01 AM
4th Gear

he sounded anti-rice, so I was thinking more about performance. I edited with a site with more cosmetic stuff.

Old 10-16-2005, 03:58 AM
1st Gear

those are some good links, do u non-honda guys understand what im taling about now if you dont know what JDM is, thy try to get like exclusive parts like the JDM, Mugen, Spoon...etc, these companies arnt considered rice, there considered i guess import tuners, for example on my civic i got JDM headlights, and all that is my stock headlight, but the inside is black, its simple things like this that make people look at your car, they can tell you changed something, but they cant tell exactly what it is, downside is thieves can pick them out like a needle in a haystack

Old 10-16-2005, 04:18 AM
3rd Gear

It's not really like JDM. Sort of doesn't apply to german cars as EUR designs are not that different in style like JDM versions are. And people who own U.S. Audi's don't really have the desire to make them look like the Euro models.

Edit: after reading that myself I don't know if I made my point very clear. Sorry, but you get the jist.

Old 10-16-2005, 08:26 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: TC3modena

those are some good links, do u non-honda guys understand what im taling about now if you dont know what JDM is, thy try to get like exclusive parts like the JDM, Mugen, Spoon...etc, these companies arnt considered rice, there considered i guess import tuners, for example on my civic i got JDM headlights, and all that is my stock headlight, but the inside is black, its simple things like this that make people look at your car, they can tell you changed something, but they cant tell exactly what it is, downside is thieves can pick them out like a needle in a haystack
JDM is the new rice. Slapping an airbag delete kit or Golden Eagle towhook or ultra-rare superspiffy CTR black-housing headlights (with city-light) on your Civic is no different than putting neons on it. I met a guy who had spent $24k on his EG to make it look like an SiR. Still ran 17s with it, but boy he thought he was tight. He could have imported a real SiR for less than that. One guy who lives close to me put the JDM ITR front on his DC2 and tried to convince everyone it was a real JDM ITR. Nevermind that it's left-hand drive and four lug, yeah it's real. All of these kids in America think they know what JDM is. I've been to Japan. None of the cars on the street there look like what people here think JDM is. I did not see one single pair of red Recaros the whole time I was there. Everyone here thinks an unpainted carbon hood is the JDM look. In Japan they paint the s**t so it is less likely to get stolen. You see almost no unpainted carbon on Japanese street cars. The next dumb*** that shows me his "JDM Vis carbon hood" (Vis is a SoCal based company) or his uber cool "JDM Rotas" (Rotas are made in the Philippines) is getting an RE Amemiya cross bar right in the teeth.

So to clarify for the Audi-jockeys who likely have no idea what most of that last paragraph was talking about, this guy wants to know what the most trendy thing is to do to Audis.

Old 10-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Senior Administrator

So, basically, he wants to know where to get clear-corners & sides, coilovers, FMIC, 19's w/a BBK, a DV and a hot l'il seat cover for the r/h seat, huh? Easy. Check the sponsors banner ads... Everything you could possibly want to make your Audi look original (just like everybody elses') is right at your cursor-tip...

Old 10-16-2005, 10:23 PM
4th Gear

I see. Well, I always think of performance mods forst. I like some body kits and a few wheels too though. I guess any CF counts as a performance mod since it is weight reduction.

Quick Reply: German JDM??