Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

gas STATIONS

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

Exxon all the way, If I can't get it, then it's either Hess, or BP

Old 04-01-2009, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
not all gas is the same. For one, I can tell you Hess is domestic oil, so you're not 'funding the terrorists' or whatever you'd like to come up with.

Personally, I find it to be a higher quality gas locally. Comes out to a couple mpg difference. If all your driving is city driving i've noticed its not so noticeable. Highway driving seems to show more of an improvement. Maybe its the stable rpms for long periods.

Yes all gas is the same. Its delivered through a pipeline and the only reason they have specific names for their fuel like "V-Power" is just additives added at their station. Only other difference is the viscosity of the fuel or how easily it vaporizes in different climates and altitudes. The reason you noticed better mileage is because of the viscosity.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by hcaudikeed
All the gas is the same. I go to a station near my gf's house called broadway gas. I never notice a difference between that and any other name brand stations. they all get the gas from the same suppliers, some just put additives in it such as "v-power" and "invigorate".
I know where that is, they have good prices there.....

Old 04-01-2009, 06:06 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Quattro_1.8t
Yes all gas is the same. Its delivered through a pipeline and the only reason they have specific names for their fuel like "V-Power" is just additives added at their station. Only other difference is the viscosity of the fuel or how easily it vaporizes in different climates and altitudes. The reason you noticed better mileage is because of the viscosity.
Wrong... some brands water it down. Trust me we've had enough problems at the shop from crappy fuel quality even though they put high test in.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:57 PM

Like what places would you avoid?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by MYD WGN
Shell.They support Audi racing
I'm with ya... Shell everytime.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:12 PM

BP is the best...Holiday the worst

Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by originalspanksta
I know where that is, they have good prices there.....
yes they do. cant beat the 5 cents off on the weekends. its actually a little closer to my house but i always stop on the way to my gf's house. on 1&9 right after newark ave. where you from?

Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 PM
1st Gear

I usually use hess because they are everywhere around here and the sell the cheapest 93octane. and I've never had any engine ping with it. mobils around here I tend to get some noise.

and what was said about watering down the gas is very true we have stations we fill up our work fleet at. and there is one particular citgo station that always seems to give us bad gas for the trucks and messes up one of them.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hcaudikeed
All the gas is the same. I go to a station near my gf's house called broadway gas. I never notice a difference between that and any other name brand stations. they all get the gas from the same suppliers, some just put additives in it such as "v-power" and "invigorate".
Are you sure about that? I've seen some logs with BP fuel and those were pretty horrid.

Quick Reply: gas STATIONS