Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gas prices...again

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 04:09 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Gas prices...again

ORIGINAL: Crazyhorse

don't worry Audiphiles... Our Fearless Leader has a solution for us: don't buy gas unless you need it. that's right... that's the entirety of Bush's solution to the energy crisis: don't buy gas unless you need it. problem solved.
Don't be so damn stupid. Its basic economics. they raise the price to effectivly ration the limited supply that is avalable. If you only by what you need and don't fill your swiming pool. then there really wont be a shortage and they won't feel the need to ration it, + you can actualy thank all the tree huging don't harm my flower or put oil wells or refineries in my back yard crowd for this prob. After the gas shortages in the 70's had resolved all the states with prodominantly these types of people voted to pull the wells and refinerys in there states, and rely on the ones that could hold up the market. This stuff has been in my back yard, I breath the fumes, I deal with oily beach, I deal with the bad water and three eyed fish, and I still have to pay as much as the rest of them. If everyone would take there share we wouldn't have this prob, But I know that is just wishfull thinking.

Oh yeah, it is like 3.15 here, but i found a hole in the wall place for 2.69 for 87 today.

Old 09-02-2005, 05:14 AM
2nd Gear

Ok - i'll double-post this.....
Be prepared for $5/gal gas in the next few weeks. Friend of mine who's an engineer at a Conoco-Phillips refinery says that 10% of the refining capacity of the U.S. was in New Orleans, and is now out of commision. It's going to be that old supply and demand thing.
He says the gubmnt needs to temporarily relax the restrictions on importing foreign gasoline. It will be expensive, but at least there will be some.
This will turn into a national emergency soon if somebody doesn't "step up to the pump" (pun intended).

Old 09-02-2005, 05:17 AM
4th Gear

damn!! make it stop!

Old 09-02-2005, 06:03 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: flyboy

don't worry Audiphiles... Our Fearless Leader has a solution for us: don't buy gas unless you need it. that's right... that's the entirety of Bush's solution to the energy crisis: don't buy gas unless you need it. problem solved.
Don't be so damn stupid. Its basic economics. they raise the price to effectivly ration the limited supply that is avalable. If you only by what you need and don't fill your swiming pool. then there really wont be a shortage and they won't feel the need to ration it, + you can actualy thank all the tree huging don't harm my flower or put oil wells or refineries in my back yard crowd for this prob. After the gas shortages in the 70's had resolved all the states with prodominantly these types of people voted to pull the wells and refinerys in there states, and rely on the ones that could hold up the market. This stuff has been in my back yard, I breath the fumes, I deal with oily beach, I deal with the bad water and three eyed fish, and I still have to pay as much as the rest of them. If everyone would take there share we wouldn't have this prob, But I know that is just wishfull thinking.

Oh yeah, it is like 3.15 here, but i found a hole in the wall place for 2.69 for 87 today.
Your post lacks coherence, continuity and value. I'll try not to "by" too much gas and make sure to advise my friends and families not to fill up their swimming pools with gas.... because that's apparently a huge problem nowadays according to you and Bush... people filling their swimming pools with gasoline better stop it! I now see what breating gas fumes your whole life will do to your thinking processes.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:05 AM
1st Gear

really, it doesnt matter when you fill up with gas, does it, people are still gonna be using the same amount of gas period, its not like if you top off every day you are using 20 gal of gas

Old 09-02-2005, 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: skidplatexa4

JOIN the RESISTANCE!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the end of
summer and it might go higher!!

Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we
wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too!

It is currently $2.43 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

HOW?

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to
force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the TWO BIGGEST COMPANIES (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon
and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll
explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.

How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within
one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE

$1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
love the idea but you forgot that exxon-mobil can just as easily sell there fuel to competitor and hold the prices where they are or make them higher because of the additional logistics cost.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:24 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: flyboy

Your post lacks coherence, continuity and value. I'll try not to "by" too much gas and make sure to advise my friends and families not to fill up their swimming pools with gas.... because that's apparently a huge problem nowadays according to you and Bush... people filling their swimming pools with gasoline better stop it! I now see what breating gas fumes your whole life will do to your thinking processes.
and this is the point where is stop trying to explain it to you. I can't convence someone that doesn't want to see it. karguy427 said it right behind me, If there is not enough gas to go around then they will rais the price. and yes there are people filling up five gallon paint pales so if theres no shortage, why are they sold out. but who am I kiding, you are just looking for the next person to blame.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:09 PM
1st Gear

Well I'll bet you are glad you don't have to fill up in the UK. Prices here have now reached 92p per litre ($1.70). Then again our government still takes approx 50-60% of that price in TAX.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:29 PM

regular unleaded came back down to $2.99 today in my hometown

Old 09-02-2005, 09:43 PM
2nd Gear

from what i understand, it's not really that there is a "shortage" it's more a problem that they can't get it anywhere since the pipeline has been damaged.... but what i do i know

Quick Reply: Gas prices...again