Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Funny story from today....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 03:59 PM
3rd Gear
Default Funny story from today....

So my wife (Joanie) is looking for a new car and I'm trying to convince her to get an Audi but she's set on getting a BMW. Well, today we went out car "shopping" to see what styling she likes and what model she'd be interested in getting. We pull into the Bimmer stealership, and my wife isn't one that can tell what make a car is so she see's this Ibis White B7 S4 (used obviously) in the back of the lot and this is how the conversation goes:

Joanie: "I really like that white one back there!"
Me: "You know that's an Audi right?"
Joanie: No it's not..... is it?
Me: Yes, it's an S4....
Joanie: Oh.... well.... it's "cute" I guess.

So I guess the moral of this story is... true styling can be recognized by even the most "ignorant" folks

Audi, FTW!!!

P.S. Yes, I got a good laugh the rest of the ride home...

Old 06-16-2007, 04:14 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Funny story from today....

d@mn i was hoping that youd say she got a BMW and you then talked her into letting you get a better faster audi

Old 06-16-2007, 04:58 PM
3rd Gear

Hahaha, get the Audi. Though, the new BMW's are sick. I test drove the new 3-Series models a few months back and was very impressed.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:57 PM
3rd Gear

Unfortunately vnv is correct. She's still set on getting a Bimmer. However, she likes the E36 M3's, so it may not be ALL that bad

Old 06-16-2007, 06:21 PM
SoCal Crew Member

lol... that is funny.... the s4 is a beautiful car

i'd say go with the 335i........ 300lb of torque and 29mpg!!!!!!!!!!! can't beat that...

Old 06-16-2007, 09:05 PM
3rd Gear

my sediments exactly

Old 06-16-2007, 09:15 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: JETSPEED333

lol... that is funny.... the s4 is a beautiful car

i'd say go with the 335i........ 300lb of torque and 29mpg!!!!!!!!!!! can't beat that...
I can vouch for that 335i (convertable.) That's one hell of a car, if you can find one, that is!

Old 06-17-2007, 03:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: badassb5

Unfortunately vnv is correct. She's still set on getting a Bimmer. However, she likes the E36 M3's, so it may not be ALL that bad
That probably explains why alot of these fugly Bimmer's get bought - people go for the name rather than for what they really like...

Old 06-17-2007, 06:34 PM
4th Gear

Thats a hilarious story!

GG your wife.... get her the S4

Old 06-17-2007, 08:18 PM

I wish it were that easy in my house. The wife NEVER wants to buy a new car, but she likes having one, so it's always a battle. We got the "minivan" serviced yesterday at the Chrysler dealership and she fell in love with the new Aspen, fully loaded with the Hemi. I gave it a test drive and it beat the **** out of the minivan, but she still won't buy it. On the other hand, we also stopped by the Audi dealership to get a missing lug nut cap from my recent service and my little girl fell in love with a car. She desparately wants me to buy it so she can ride in it with me, and she even brought me all of her money to help. The car was a beautiful S8 fully loaded with the B&O sound system and everything. The sticker was $107k, so I told her no. She is still hounding me today. If only...

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Funny story from today....