Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

funny post on bimmer forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 05:07 AM
Tech Slut
Default RE: funny post on bimmer forum

BMW ppl seem to be pussies. its not like he tried to race a z06.

Old 01-21-2006, 08:09 AM
2nd Gear

Funny story...and some of the posters over there did seem a bit clueless - though most showed proper respect for the S4...

I've actually beaten a B5 S4 (I assume it was stock) with my BMW 330 Performance Package...though its not unusual for me to take on and beat or at least stick with cars that in theory should be faster then me...as I've beaten WRXs, Maximas, Acura TLs and G35s in my 330 and (2) E55 AMGs, 1 Porsche 911 Carrerra S, previous gen M5, Jag type R (390 hp) - etc (and more) in my chipped S4 Avant....

Old 01-22-2006, 01:03 AM

Hey aloha guys!

Not all bimmer owners are tools I have bimmers but love my Audis (currently a B6 A43.0QS 6sp and my Dad has a B5 S4 Avant as his mid-life car), and I have tracked them both.

Give some of us the credit thats due, we are all German car enthusiasts. Anyway, just registered. Hope to get to know you guys better.

John

Old 01-22-2006, 01:43 AM

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

The problem with the M3 is that it takes a really really good driver to get the absolute most out of it, as it's not really a very forgiving car. The S4, any idiot can haul *** in it and it will reward you by making you feel like a great driver no matter how ham-fisted you are. So with equally bad drivers, the S4 will rock the top spot, but with equally good drivers, I think the M3 with whomp up. I suppose than means the S4 is the better street car, and the M3 is the better track car.

They're just two entirely different driving experiences, I'm surprised that people compare them all of the time. The S4 is hauling *** while coddling you in total confidence, the M3 requires you to be on the ball more than you've ever been before.

Of course, the E36 M3 is a dumb coupe as you expect so much more from it, but a really neat sedan because it's more than you expect.. Funny how that works.

And twins roxorz, BLUE RENEGADE.
I just have to step in here and point out a blatently wrong statement, the m3 is one of the best handling cars ever, ever ever ever, read any magazine, actually drive the car, check out the show top gear, they'll tell you you can drive like a 4 year old and stay out of serious trouble due to some seriously impressive engineering.

The story about someone crashing their m3 on nuremburg with not traction control? its a track, doesn't matter what you drive that just proves he was in over his head on a professional circuit. You could crash a hundai it doesn't say anything.

Audi s4 and bmw m3 are amazing cars thats why they're compared to each other, you can sit in the lap of luxury with leather under your *** and throw yourself into a corner and know the car will take it and i think they are very very similar, but to say one is better would be foolish. I'd take the m3 and most of you would take the s4, but you've got to throw up some respect to two car manufatures who have made a name through high quality and outstanding performance.

Oh and one last bit to clarify, the post said the s4 was mid 90s so I picked 98 for both cars so its in the 90s and well the s4 exists of course

hp audi 265
hp bmw 190

tq audi 295 ft lbs
tq bmw 206 ft lbs

weight audi 3329 lbs
weight bmw 3230

not impressive, kinda lame this whole thread started on that.

Anyway I bring it all back, two impressive car manufaturers, whoever compared audi to ford or chevy had their head on backwards. The new rs4 is amazing and I'm so excited for bmw's new m3 and to watch these two manufaturers once again battle it to the wire on the cover of every magazine and male fantacy.

Thanks for your time.

Old 01-22-2006, 02:24 AM
1st Gear

Spargo, you missed the whole point of my post about my friend crashing his M3, and the rest of the thread. SilverSeven made the point that the M3 was unforgiving, and I provided a sad, and yet strangly amuzing, story about the car being unforgiving. Indeed he was out of his depth on that course, with that car. That was the point of the story; that with with TC and DSC on, the engineering of the car made him over confident. When he turned it off, that suprub engineering was no longer there to protect him from himself, and he paid the price for it.
The theme is that the S4 would have been more forgiving, and a driver would be less likey to get into trouble with it compared to the M3 because of the differences in the way the cars are engineered. Both well engineered, obviously, but the S4 requiring less skill and attention to be driven successfully, than the M3

Furthermore, nobody here would be comparing the two if they weren't both amazing cars. How many posts have you seen here comparing the S4 with a Sonata? The fact that the M3 is being compared, nearly evey day, to the cars we've chosen is the ultimate sign of respect. It wouldn't be any fun to pull for the home team if it was playing a little league team.

After re-reading your post, I can't even figure out what your point was. That was a very long post not to transmit a clear idea of any kind. Perhaps you should consider a career as a politician. Or perhaps you could tell forutnes, or start a cult.

Old 01-22-2006, 04:59 AM

I suppose i just had multiple points, there was a lot said i didn't agree with from the excitement of an s4 beating a 328is to just a few general things that were said about the m3. I really find every review you find will tell you how forgiving the car is, I would just refer back to top gear which refered to it and other bmws as extreemely forgiving. In truth I've actually heard the s4 feels a bit front heavy like the engine is mounted too far forward, but I haven't driven both to speak with any more than hearsay.

I just wanted to dispute some of the things said as an avid bmw lover, but still make the point that i love both manufaturers, ask my fiance how i slow down on the sidewalk when i see that little hint of red on the back of an audi and proceed to circle it like a dog finding a place to lay down. I just down't want anyone to think I'm another bias bmw loving *****.

Old 01-22-2006, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

[sm=nono.gif]

i can't count the number of times that audi drivers have pussed out against my 325.... but I mean no ****, some 50 year old dude isn't going to take the bait so of couse he's going to be a *****.

Old 01-22-2006, 08:44 PM
1st Gear

"no no to s4"
LMAO

Old 01-23-2006, 04:33 AM
2nd Gear

Welcom John (Islands52). I too own both Audi and BMW and love them both...however the unreliability and expense of my Audi has left me with second thoughts about ever replacing it with another - and convincing my wife to get another is certainly not very likely...anyway I do very much enjoy both.

And Redv...my S4 can pretty much trounce most any BMW on the road (certainly any BMW without an M) - and without my even trying very hard...I love the BMWs and at this point I would be more likley to recommend a BMW to a friend over an Audi (unless they lived in real snow country) - but really now...

Old 01-23-2006, 07:10 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Spargo

I just have to step in here and point out a blatently wrong statement, the m3 is one of the best handling cars ever, ever ever ever, read any magazine, actually drive the car, check out the show top gear, they'll tell you you can drive like a 4 year old and stay out of serious trouble due to some seriously impressive engineering.
That is true, you can drive like an idiot and not get killed. I said nothing to the contrary. I know that the M3 is one of the best handling saloon cars ever made, and I know very well it's traits and behaviors on the battlefield. It is forgiving to a point. What I did say is that to get the absolute most out of the car, you have to be an amazing driver. That doesn't mean that a bad driver can't drive it, just that to reach the car's limits consistantly, you must be very good and on the ball. The S4 is different in that you don't really have to even pay attention to really squeeze the hell out of it. The car makes up for a lot of driver error, more than the M3 does by far. Sure the S4's total handling limits are just a smidge lower than the M3, but it's so much easier to drive at that limit.

ORIGINAL: Spargo

I just wanted to dispute some of the things said as an avid bmw lover
Evidently, you think I'm attacking BMWs, which would be terribly amusing given what I drive on a daily basis. (You all know a pic is coming, don't you? Wait for it.......)

Yes, Mr. Spargo, this I what I drive around in everyday, a 2001 M5. My roommate drives an E36 M3 sedan, and many of my friends are either E36, E46, E34, E39, or E60 M-car drivers. So I'm obviously not just your average BMW basher, and to top it off, I sold a 2001 S4 to get this M5. So now that you know more of where my loyalty lies, are you still going to take as much offense to my comments?

Quick Reply: funny post on bimmer forum