Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Friends... I need to get this out...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Friends... I need to get this out...

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

I am going through the exact same thing right now and I am trying no to let it get to me...Sadly my situation involves a lot of cash and no contact for the last three weeks, I can't understand why someone would destroy a frendship because of money....
because they weren't RILLY your frined... to them you were a potential RESOURCE, to be exploited, sooner or later. it's possible that you even saw this person take advantage of others in a similiar manner, prior to becoming their latest victim. if so, now you know what to look out for in future acquaintances.

edyt: here's a little something *I* do, to not ever let money get in the way of my family or friend relationships:
NEVER lend $$$ to them. If they ask/need $$$ simply GIVE it to them! If they give it back you have some bonus $$$ to have fun with. If the don't, you alrady counted it as gone anyway, dint you? See, the key to this is - if you caan't afford to *give-away* the $$$, never to see it again, DON'T!!! Tell them you don't have it. (meaning that you don't have it to LOSE) You don't have to TELL them that you don't expect the $$ back, just make that mental adjustment within your own mind. In this way you NEVER have any money problems with friends. If they're a TRUE friend: 1) giving them $$$ in their time of need shudn't be a problem, IF you have it to spare. 2)they will appreciate that youwere there for them, when they needed you, so that... 3) they WILL remember to repay you (at which time you can share in your windfall WITH your good friend).

I've never lost a friend over money.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:35 PM
4th Gear

Yeah thanks for the words guys. I am trying not to let it get to me. For me when I go through stuff like this I always try to make the best of it. And for me to make the best of it I need to get it out. i can't just let it stay in and not tell someone. You know what I mean? But thanks again guys.

Josh

Old 06-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Senior Administrator

that's what we're hear (gettit? "hear" [&:]) for, Man!

Old 06-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

jazz hit the nail right on the head!!!
as i grow older, i realize that it's more important to surround yourself with those who bring you happiness. i don't waste my time on the others. you can't change people into something they're not.
if someone shows you who they are.....believe them.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:29 AM

when you sign into this site you have friends that listen ( I can vouch for that ) vnv727 you have more than 2 friends