Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Friendly gesture... i think not

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 07:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Friendly gesture... i think not

So today I was driving through an outdoor mall called "the village" (park royal, vancouver, Canada. If anyone know where that is) and i saw a fairly nicely done facelifted black b5 1.8t with rs4 rims. All of a sudden it pulls in front of me and cuts me off as I was going straight through the intersection. The other driver must have thought it was a 4-way stop, but IT WAS NOT. I hit the brakes hard and put my hands up in a friendly gesture saying "hi, it wasnt your right-of-way but ill let you go because you have a nice car". The other drivers response was to roll down his window and YELL AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS AT ME, trying to explain how it was my fault.

I am just wondering how someone can get so mad at:
a) another audi driver
b) their own driving FAILS

If anyone has interesting stories like this, i would love to know that i'm not the only one

Old 12-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Senior Administrator

you shudda jumped out and kicked his doorblades off!!!

Old 12-28-2009, 12:25 AM
3rd Gear

Probably an AZ guy, those kids are all like 17 and 18 years old. Remember at that age you're always right.
I get tired of those guys asking why their cars die at 70mph and think their whole damn engine took a crap.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dan1969
Probably an AZ guy, those kids are all like 17 and 18 years old. Remember at that age you're always right.
I get tired of those guys asking why their cars die at 70mph and think their whole damn engine took a crap.
^ LMAO!

I actually had an encounter with a stupid Audi driver once. I'm sure she wasn't on the forum but oh god, she was dumb.

Basically I was minding my own business going straight on the road under the speed limit when this lady from an opposite direction decided to make a left turn from where she was going. Of course she did that as I was coming towards her (there was no stop sign nor traffic light - it was a pretty busy, big street).

And as for me, I wasn't expecting her retarded *** to do that which causes me to literally slammed the brake, causing all 4 to lock and I even had to jerk my steering wheel to avoid hitting her car (if I didn't, I would've hit her car). And of course, what did she do when I look at her? She smiled and started laughing shortly after.

It pisses me off just thinking about this.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:01 AM
4th Gear

Lotsa stories I could tell about stuff like this.. the two best being the Semi last seen heading into the field, and the @sshole hitting the guardrail on the bridge....

Old 12-28-2009, 03:52 AM
1st Gear

I really wanted to stop and hear this guy out because he seemed to be putting his heart and soul into his rampage, but unfortunately i had better things to do. Im sure his wife (or gf, or whomever was in the car) probably yelled at him after.

Speaking of cars sputtering at 70mph, the first month i had my audi i had a minor misfire and thought the whole car was going to explode. It took me a good hour or so to calm down then make it home because the whole car was now misfiring. Being rational i pulled the codes and replaced the ignition coils.

Another p*ss off is when someone tailgates you when you are going 140km/h in a 100 zone, then care to give you the finger once they realize there is a second lane on the right for them to pass in.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:47 AM

a) no respect
b) inflated ego

Old 12-28-2009, 09:02 AM

I have seen things like this happen many times. the next town over from me decided that they were going to put a small rotory in the middle of their town....no one in vermont knows how to use one of them. there are people honking and breaking and getting confused (not at me) it seems like every time i go through the thing.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by ledzepp2994
I have seen things like this happen many times. the next town over from me decided that they were going to put a small rotory in the middle of their town....no one in vermont knows how to use one of them. there are people honking and breaking and getting confused (not at me) it seems like every time i go through the thing.
We're starting to get rounders here in MD, too, more and more, as city "planners" try to come up with new and innovative ways to control traffic (hint: traffic circles in the middle of a road, without a real NEED for one, only creates an "obstacle" I will try to overcome AT SPEED!!!), unsuccessfully.

There is one, not too far from me that has an inner & outer lane (pure-D-GENIE-***).

Since the Maryland dirvers test has NOTHING about how to attend to driving IN a traffic circle, FOOLS attempt to EXIT the circle from the INNER-LANE!!! OMFG!!! Not ONLY do I have to look out for ***-CLOWNS entering teh circle at 80mph (I mean, people other than ME, or course, since *I* am obviously QUALIFIED to pull such a manuvre), I now hafta watch out for ***-CLOWNS cutting across my bow, or clipping my rear-end as they exit from my inside, while *I* head for teh next exit. I always have half a mind (no, wait... let me finish my sentence!) to let them hit me, and sue for criminally neglegent driving.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:21 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by AWDaholic
We're starting to get rounders here in MD, too, more and more, as city "planners" try to come up with new and innovative ways to control traffic (hint: traffic circles in the middle of a road, without a real NEED for one, only creates an "obstacle" I will try to overcome AT SPEED!!!), unsuccessfully.

There is one, not too far from me that has an inner & outer lane (pure-D-GENIE-***).

Since the Maryland dirvers test has NOTHING about how to attend to driving IN a traffic circle, FOOLS attempt to EXIT the circle from the INNER-LANE!!! OMFG!!! Not ONLY do I have to look out for ***-CLOWNS entering teh circle at 80mph (I mean, people other than ME, or course, since *I* am obviously QUALIFIED to pull such a manuvre), I now hafta watch out for ***-CLOWNS cutting across my bow, or clipping my rear-end as they exit from my inside, while *I* head for teh next exit. I always have half a mind (no, wait... let me finish my sentence!) to let them hit me, and sue for criminally neglegent driving.
So this circles are like roundabout without the roundabout?

Quick Reply: Friendly gesture... i think not