Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

friend gettin ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 05:42 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: friend gettin ferrari

sorry to remind u but it is a FORD. who cares if the ferrari takes out the ford by a slim margin, it still beat it. actually the ford came in 3rd so that slim margin u talk about musta been a bit bigger then slim

Old 12-12-2005, 05:59 PM
4th Gear

ya RUF porsches r sick not going to lie, but i can never turn down a ferrari (unless its a lambo)

Old 12-12-2005, 06:09 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: 99a4audi

ya RUF porsches r sick not going to lie, but i can never turn down a ferrari (unless its a lambo)
I wouldn't turn down a new Ferrari either, or Gallardo for that matter.

ps: I wonder how many chocolate long johns you have to sell to afford a new 360......uhmmmm?

Old 12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear

are you serious!?! how can u not be attracted to any ferrari roadcars! in car and driver the ferrari beat out 911 turbo, sl65, ford gt, lamborghini gallardo. the z8 i think is ugly and slow. ferrari is the best roadcar!
Yeah, I'm serious. I don't like them. Partially because they're just a Ford Taurus here in Vegas. They're everywhere. I've seen two 360s in the last two days, I've seen three 430s in the last week. They're not exactly rare here, and because of that, they lose that "exclusive" feel. Hell, there are three Ferraris just in my neighborhood.

Secind reason I don't like them is because of the people who drive them. Most of them couldn't push a 360 to it's limit if you gave them a week of practice. It's nothing but a status item to most people here. Just a "look at me, look what I can afford!!" type thing. I don't want to be grouped in with those tools. Anyone can go out and buy a Ferrari, whether they know anything about cars or not, just because they've been inundated with the NAME since they were little. It takes a discriminating buyer to pick a DB9, GT2, or Z8.

And who cares if the GT is "just a Ford"? Ford was making racecars before Enzo could spell racecar. Ford designed some of the most industry changing cars and has done so repeatedly for a century. The Mustang started an entirely new class of automobile when it was new. Ford sold ten million Mustangs in the first five years of production. And while Chevy is pulling their mid-price musclecars due to poor sales, and Dodge is having to make four-door performance cars just to try to widen their market enough to make a profit, Ford is still selling the Mustang with industry leading numbers. The original 1948 Ford F-1 set a standard for pick-up truck dimensions, construction, and layout that is still used on every full-size truck today, and no matter what sort of spin other manufacturers put in their advertising, the F-series is still the best selling truck of all time. Period. Ford was beating Ferrari on the racetracks in the 60s, and I've seen the New GT LM cars put in some rather Ferrari shaming times even today. It might be just a Ford, but it'll still knock the socks off of anything you'll own anytime soon.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:33 PM
4th Gear

It might be just a Ford, but it'll still knock the socks off of anything you'll own anytime soon.
oh wait im sorry, r u getting a ford GT soon? ya didnt think so. i never said im getting a ferrari anytime soon. dude ur whole argument means nothing. ur bascially saying a bunch of stuff that doesn't matter. talking about trucks and stuff.....im talking about ferrari vs ford gt. if ford gt is soooo awesome why did it come 3rd against its compition? and why did ferrari come in first? hmm i donno, bc ferraris better?! maybe i donno thats just what car and driver say. and i quote from car and driver mag, "Our judgment was unanimous: This is the world's most desirable sports car, bar none. " thats what they said about the ferrari 430. and then u talk about how u dont like ferrari because of the people that drive them?!?! that has NOTHING to do with the car itself. and the reaosn u see alot of ferraris around is bc they r desired by people, meaning its a great car.....dude ur argument is weak thats what it comes down to

Old 12-12-2005, 10:51 PM
3rd Gear

Get a big turbo and race him the day he gets the ferrari...he will be extremely dissapointed

Old 12-12-2005, 10:53 PM
4th Gear

im not saying the ford gt is a bad car! its an amazing and one of the fastest street legal cars ever! im not tkaing anything away from it. i PERSONALLY would rather have the ferrari. i love the sound of the engine, late red lining ability, just an eye catchy car that i loved since day 1.

Old 12-13-2005, 12:20 AM
2nd Gear

Ok, take it easy there tiger. Do you get this way EVERY time someone says they don't like somthing you do? Let's look at this a little bit at a time.

It might be just a Ford, but it'll still knock the socks off of anything you'll own anytime soon.
oh wait im sorry, r u getting a ford GT soon? ya didnt think so. i never said im getting a ferrari anytime soon.
No, I won't be getting a Ford GT anytime soon, or a Ferrari, or anything else for that matter. Do you know why?

Because I have this.....

A car that will run away and hide from the GT, from the 360, and I haven't had a chance yet, but I'm assuming the 430 as well. Straights, corners, braking, whatever, this car will wax 99% of sports cars made today.

dude ur whole argument means nothing. ur bascially saying a bunch of stuff that doesn't matter. talking about trucks and stuff.....im talking about ferrari vs ford gt.
The reason I said what I did is because you are the one who said the GT is "just a Ford", so you brought up the company and it's status, not me. You are acting like being a Ford is a bad thing, when Ford has been hands down, the most influential car manufacturer of all time. Ford has developed more innovations than any other company, held more sales records than any other company, held as many race titles as anyone else, influenced modern design and construction more than anyone else, led the way in marketing, advertising, and inventive programs, the list goes on. So you saying it's "just a Ford" is pretty stupid to me.

if ford gt is soooo awesome why did it come 3rd against its compition? and why did ferrari come in first? hmm i donno, bc ferraris better?! maybe i donno thats just what car and driver say.
Life revolves around more than just one road test. I can quote you road tests all day long. Hell, Forbes Magazine had an article about Ford's New Ferrari Killer. If you really read the road tests carefully, the numbers between the GT and the 430 are so close, that the only thing that brings the favor over to the Prancing Horse is the _______. That's right, the nameplate. The little Ferrari badge on it.

MotorTrend.com GT vs. 430

MotorTrend.com Enzo, Carrera GT, Ford GT

and i quote from car and driver mag, "Our judgment was unanimous: This is the world's most desirable sports car, bar none. "
Oh, it's desirable. That's important going around a track. Desirable. I don't know what I'd do if my sports car wasn't desirable.

thats what they said about the ferrari 430.
Well, yippie skippy, some guy I don't know says I should like this car because he does. Bee Eff Dee.

and then u talk about how u dont like ferrari because of the people that drive them?!?!
Yeah, that's what I said.

that has NOTHING to do with the car itself.
I'm talking about the reason that I wouldn't own one.

and the reaosn u see alot of ferraris around is bc they r desired by people, meaning its a great car.....
Oh hell, dawg, then the Ford Focus must be the BEST CAR EVAR!!1!, because I see them everywhere too. And Hyundai Accents, and Cavaliers too! (this is me being sarcastic in case you didn't catch on)

Let me use small words. People desiring a car doesn't make it a the best roadcar ever, k?

dude ur argument is weak thats what it comes down to
My opinion is just that. Mine. And if you would PERSONALLY rather have the Ferrari, that's your choice. I would PERSONALLY rather buy a car that's not going to make me hang out with people like you at the monthly club meetings.

Old 12-13-2005, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

you know whats worse than all of this. my father-in-law owns a ferrari (f430 challenge), porshe 911 gt2, porshe 911 gt2 cup (his race car), another porshe (70's, his first), a 1 of 50 1967 porshe le mans race car(i think the year is right) plus a whole lot of other daily drivers and i have yet to ever ride in any of them. ever!

Old 12-13-2005, 07:57 PM
4th Gear

wow, must be nice to be that rich

Quick Reply: friend gettin ferrari