Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

found an entrance to tunnels under campus

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:18 AM
1st Gear
Default found an entrance to tunnels under campus

so i had heard rumors about an extensive network of underground tunnelsrunning under our campus (like 7 or 8 miles worth!) and didn't really think about it. but today my buddy and i were walking back from the dining hall when we spotted light coming from a small grate behind one of the lecture halls. when we got closer, we could feel heat radiating out of the hole, and we could see a ladder leading pretty far down. i think this is an entrance to the tunnel system. since the grate was not locked and it was in a secluded location, my buddy and i were thinking about doing a little late night exploring. does anybody know anything about this? would this be overly dangerous? if we got caught, what kind of penalties/ charges would we be facing? i'd be willing to take some risk because i have heard that the tunnel system is quite extensive (talking about MILES here), and i've heard there is some pretty interesting stuff down there. anybody ever done anything like this?

Old 12-12-2007, 02:37 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: found an entrance to tunnels under campus

Yeah, usual that's where detention is. Though, since your in collage, I'm not sure.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:46 AM
1st Gear

http://www.betterthanyourboyfriend.c...s-under-ut.htm

wow, take a look at that! it may be worth taking an expedition down there after all

Old 12-12-2007, 03:31 AM
5th Gear

lol crazy **** , u sure it was just a sewage pipe or ventilation from a restaurant?

Old 12-12-2007, 04:04 AM
1st Gear

Thats so ill. I wish my school had that. I wouldn't explore it. In the article there was a video were a lady from your school said that if they caught anyone down there they would be arrested and expelled.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i would think it's a liability issue for the school. if those tunnels are not used, then they're probably not properlymaintained for safety. there's some degree of risk for you to go down there and if the school doesn't punish you in some extreme way, then it won't detour someone else from doing the same thing. therefore, if you get caught, you must realize there will be serious consequences.
and what if just the vibrations of your movement, and possible screams of horror when you find dead bodies there, cause the walls to cave in. then what? this is not an "indiana jones" movie.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

this is not an "indiana jones" movie.
Well, it *COULD* be, if he takes a DV-Camcorder with him...

Break out those "Dungeon-mapping" skillzzz, from, what, 3-4 years ago?

Instedda Blare-Witch it be UT-ditch, LoLLzerzz!!!1!!111!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:21 AM

that's good, jazz. be the "responsibe adult" here and encourage the children to endanger their lives.THESE ARE COLLEGE KIDS.
they're in college to drink, have wild sex parties and get a peice of paper that says they graduated from attending some classes, plagarizing and cheating on tests.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
2nd Gear

Sweetee you forgot break stuff, vandalize, get into pointless fights, make life long friendsof the ppl you got into fights with, talk about how you wouldtotally bangthe girl standing at the salad bar(even though you know she is with the starting QB and she would never give you the time of day), make fun of the fatty standing at the ice cream bar (only to walk in on her with your really drunk frat brother after one of your raging parties), if your on a sports team talk about how rival schools are filled with gays and ugly chicks and wonder why anyone would ever want to go there, oh and do drugs

(not that I am talking from personal experience or anything)

Old 12-12-2007, 09:44 AM

+1

forgot about all that stuff since, loss of memory is one of the long term side effectsof attending college.

Quick Reply: found an entrance to tunnels under campus