Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

First book i have ever read by choice

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Default First book i have ever read by choice

I am currently reading this book. clicky Any one else read it or heard about it. Its a nice book, about a guys 2 years in a "society of Pick up artist." He starts to learn how and then become very good at it. The stories are rediclous and graphic. Its a very funny book and i recomend it. Read it as fiction. But im not gonna lie i have am taken a few tips from it but its mostly entertaining.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:04 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: First book i have ever read by choice

You have got to be joking, right? First book you've volutarily read? Oh my god....

Old 01-12-2006, 11:12 PM
4th Gear

I don't know, apg. You are heading off to college, right? It may be time to start questioning the world, system and authority around you. That will help you more with picking up chicks at college than anything in "The Game". I suggest Catch-22 as a start. Chicks like guys that have a good sense of humor and a brain.

http://tinyurl.com/83l9a

Old 01-12-2006, 11:15 PM

i am reading it for entertainment. Im not a AFC, so i dont really have a problem making girls laugh and talking to them. It just comes easy to me.

SS: Ive been in school as long as i could read, so i usually have things for school to read. I am talking purely about a book, i read magazines all the time. I prolly read 10-15 a month. Just never really read a book that interest me. Until now.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:22 PM
3rd Gear

books that have interested me

A Clock Work Orange
Catcher in the Rye
Hamlet
Everworld (from like middle school)
The Iceman Cometh
all Calvin and Hobbes comic collections

I'm sure there has been more, but those stick out

Old 01-13-2006, 12:17 AM
2nd Gear

Thats pretty sad that it's the first book you've ever read by choice. You should try reading more, its increases your inteligence, is fun and entertaining, and you can find a book on basically any topic you want. I'll admit I don't like most of the books that we read in school, but there are many other good ones out there.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:40 AM
2nd Gear

lol if i see it around i'll read it, not gonna order it online though

Old 01-13-2006, 01:17 AM

its in normal book stores. Its a new york times best selling author
is under pyscholgy and with the other "erotica" type books.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:28 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

You have got to be joking, right? First book you've volutarily read? Oh my god....
That's what I was thinking. Reading won't do anything bad for you. In fact, I got a date by noticing a girl was reading a Chuck Palahniuk book (I think Choke) and having read other Palahniuk. So there's your pick-up artist tip right there. Have something stupid in common with a cute girl. Even if it's Harry Potter.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:44 AM

u guys are getting the wrong idea. I read but everytime its either a book for english or a book i have to write a report on. I have read many good books its just i always use them for book reports and such. Most of them on the strange side. I also have read all the classics, Frankenstein, 20,000 leagues under the sea, red badge of courage, dracula etc... Its just they have all been used in school in one way or another. I have some books i would like to read but i just never get around to them. I have alot to do right now so its hard to just sit down and read. I have been reading this book in down time at school or just instead of sleeping.

Quick Reply: First book i have ever read by choice