Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Firefox and back button on this site...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Default Firefox and back button on this site...

For whatever reason, and I have not experienced this on any other site, the back button in Firefox does not work about half of the time. Kinda strange. It only happnens after reading a thread and I want to return to the thread list in the forum. To return to the previous page, I'm forced to use the drop down list of previously viewed pages immediately adjacent to the "back button" and scroll down to the 2nd item on the list. Has anyone else experienced that on this site?

Old 02-21-2005, 12:40 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Firefox and back button on this site...

works fine for me.

Old 02-21-2005, 06:54 PM

OK, I've been able to replicate the problem regularly. If you view the contents of a thread, go to another tab (for instance if you viewing the contents of a link to another site while leaving the thread open in the first tab), then return to the original tab after a certain period of time (has to be sufficiently long), you cannot use the back button. Try about a 10 minute wait and you'll see what I mean. This isn't a big problem of course, but I thought I would just bring it up, as I haven't come accross this before on other sites.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

We'll look into it... thank you!!

~Amanda

Old 02-21-2005, 11:04 PM
2nd Gear

It could be related to how long the session time-out is. If you get removed from the session, then requests may not be getting forwarded due to an invalid session id. Alas, I'm not that fluent in .asp and I don't know why this would effect the cached webpages firefox stores...

-T

Old 02-24-2005, 03:12 AM
4th Gear

well.i just got stuck here, so i'll post. it never happened to me before... but it just happened now. woah.

Old 02-24-2005, 03:14 AM
3rd Gear

yea...only on this site..i have to 2x click the back button..but recently it just stopped woring

Old 03-03-2005, 06:08 PM
2nd Gear

I just got firefox and started noticing this little hiccup. Happens when the system logs me out for some reason..probably dropped by the session. If I'm not logged in I don't have a problem at all.

-T

Old 03-03-2005, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear

same thing happens to me it just doesent want to go back, so i just go back by clicking on a link "all forums" to go back to the forum

Old 03-06-2005, 12:43 AM
1st Gear

i've found that problem occurs quite regularly for me. i find it quite annoying...sigh

Quick Reply: Firefox and back button on this site...