Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Finally got my site up and running...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by bradtyler02
the admins and mods are nice enough to allow an honest mistake to be reconciled.
Don't think I dint think of doin that. But, since he dint put it in, like, EVERY ONE of his posts, and, he actually seemed to be contribuing (yeah, I look at EVERY ONE of his then 28 posts, just to see), if figured I'd give him a chance to fixit. Kinda wishing he'd've been just a tad more clever about "disguising" his "link," but... Whatevs. He listened, so I'll stand by my word.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:44 PM
1st Gear

I'm mainly plugging the site, so that people can see what all I've done, and ask questions... almost everyone would want at least something to make their car a little bit unique.
Nothing's for sale in the realm of Audi's, but I can usually point someone in the right direction (usually eBay because they're the cheapest), and with great lighting results. I'm always up for a challenging idea, and try to keep the costs low, because when it comes to car mods, we're usually on a budget.

For instance, I was not impressed with the rear interior lighting of my A4-B6, so I modified the rear headliner map lights to accept a small 48 '5050' LED panel. It cost me about $16 bucks, and the results are amazing.

Also, wanting to have DRL's, but not willing to pay the outrageous amount for DRL headlights, and wanting to keep the stock Auto adjusting HID headlights, I decided to make some DRLs that went inside the fog cowels, using 5mm diffused LEDs. They ended up failing because of the heat generated by the 1watt resistors was confined too much from the silicon sealant used. I have since gone with LED strips, and they have been working great for about 9 months now.
Live and learn though.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Wait. Do you drink it or eat it? I'd use a spoon.
That's your first mistake, thinking that we're adults here.

And BTW, your link wasn't working this morning. Maybe because I'm on th iPad. Is there a mobile version to it?

And I would've flamed you too if I knew you were putting some stripes on your car. But honestly, it doesn't look that bad. Kinda reminds me of a Dodge Viper.

What's this headlight add on you're talking about? I'm kinda curious.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:24 PM
1st Gear

hehe... for some reason the mobile version isn't working right now

Ultimately... meaning hopefully by Wed of next week... I'd like to have the look of the headlights of the Veyron. Kind of an 'inside to top right' look (angry looking) white LED style.

Here's what they look like right now though (with the turn signals on as well).

Old 04-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Holy LED rave party. Are you planning to take off the bottom ones? I gotta say those orange ones look pretty unique.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

Newp! Inside and top will be DRL's and the bottom ones will stay as turns.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Administrator

I was talking about the bumper ones.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:00 AM
1st Gear

Oh. The bottom ones prolly are gonna stay on there. I'll have to see how it looks though.