Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

A few questions for all u college guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Administrator
Default RE: A few questions for all u college guys

the college depends on what your major is
what do u want to be
i say dont go to JCs and just jump in to a 4 year
you will get lazy in a JC and it might dig yourself in a lazy hole
if u go to a JC you might not get out as quick cause its competive and hard to get classes
and then u have to reaply for the skewl to transfer to
just go to a 4 year college depending on your major

Old 04-23-2005, 11:39 PM
1st Gear

Going or not going to school for the next few years may be the most important stepping stone for the rest of your life. It’ll have an effect on your career and the friends that you will make, whom you will respect and rely on for a long long time.

Don’t be influenced by what others may “expect” from you. I know that at your age, it’s probably pretty tough to figure out what you wanna do, but at least have an idea of what you enjoy doing, that you can see yourself doing to make a living.

JC, 4-Year, Doctorate, no further education...there are plenty of successful people from all those categories. Just do what YOU feel is the best for you.

“Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Calvin Coolidge

Old 04-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Senior Administrator

Well put... GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!

Old 04-24-2005, 12:06 AM

if i went to a JC i would be transfering to a 4 yr to graduate after i finished at the JC.

Old 04-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Administrator

if u get accpted to a 4 year college go now
theres not point wasting time chasing something you can alreayd have now
dont waste time goin to a JC planing to transfering to a 4 year when you can just go to a 4 year rite of the bat

Old 04-24-2005, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

Agree with Panda. If you don't have to go to a JC then don't go to a JC. If you are accepted to the college of your choice and can financially get by then go to the college of your choice. College is not only about the education, it is about being on your own for the first time, learning responsibilities, getting in trouble, learning from your mistakes. Of course I got a piece of paper with a degree, but by living in the dorms away from my parents I matured more than I ever would have at a J.C or online college.

I notice you're in California. Look at some of the state schools. All of the UC schools are great schools and you will get an excellent education from them, I would also look at the CA Lottery - They will help you or your parents pay for college with grants. Check into that.

Some advice if I could do it over again:

Have as much fun as possible without letting your grades slip.
TIME Management is the single most important thing in college. A close second is setting priorities.

Old 04-24-2005, 05:19 PM

the JC i am looking at is down the street from UCSB and i would be staying at their dorma as some from teh city school do. I would not be staying at home. I would go for a UC but i dont have the grades to get into the ones i like.

Old 04-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Administrator

wow i never heard of dorming for JCs but see if u can get in first if not just go to a JC

Old 04-24-2005, 10:53 PM

yea its sweet and if i meet certain qualifications for my 2 years there i get into UCSB which i cant get in too directly.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Administrator

i went to a major university, and partied everynight my freshman year...and my soph, jun, and senior year...and a year of grad classes....i stayed for a fifth year because i have a year of athletic eligibility left, so i took a couple grad classes and a couple complete blow off classes... youd be amazed how many dumb freshman girls you can meet in "into to basic piano"...graduated with a degree in tax accounting and auditing, with a minor in economics...have your fun, party it up, but budget your time wisely...learn shortcuts....cliffs notes are your friend...so are groups projects...but most importantly, enjoy yourself..because after college, you have to work, then there are no more summer breaks or so on...

Quick Reply: A few questions for all u college guys