Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

A few questions for all u college guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Default A few questions for all u college guys

I have started to look at colleges and i was wondering if any of u college people have some advice for what i should do? Also is there anything u wish u did or something u wish u knew? What colleges do u guys go to ? I am lloking at ASU, SBCC (santa barabra city), UNLV and i forget the others. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-23-2005, 05:44 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: A few questions for all u college guys

i strongly recommend going to a jc or community college for at least the first year, maybe the first two years....but start off knowing what university you want to transfer to, as each school has their own requirements for transferring....staying in dorms is a pretty incredible experience, i would definitely recommend that for at least a semester....go for a co-ed dorm, of course....i went to ucsc right out of high school for a semester, realized it was waaay too expensive for me (i'm on my own. like really on my own) and now i'm finishing up my GE requirements at a community college....saved myself thousands doing that....

Old 04-23-2005, 05:51 PM
2nd Gear

Start at a junior college it's alot cheaper. Transfer to where whqt ever school of choice do the co-ed dorm thing. I went to WIT where my good friend went. We were bad together always partied and never went to class( don't recoemend that go to class even if your hungover, drunk. or whatever state of mind you may be in). What ever you do make the best of it because once it'd gone your going to look back at it as a great experience.

Old 04-23-2005, 06:04 PM

so u guys would recomend going to SBCC from my list? That would be Santa Barabra city college. And of course i will be staying in a dorm for at least the first semester and teh dorms i were looking at were nice apartment style. What do u guys think about having a single in a suite with also 2 other double rooms so 5 together in a 3 bedroom aprtment? (thats what they use for there dorms which are actually UCSB's)

Old 04-23-2005, 06:18 PM
5th Gear

my roommate's brother goes to sbcc, he loves it...it's a big party school though, so you've gotta be careful about getting distracted from school...but then again, pretty much every school ever is a big party school, so you arent really going to be able to avoid that. having your own room is clutch, but expect to get into arguments with your roommates, it's going to happen...you just have to not let it get to you to the point that it's ruining friendships...unfortunately that happens a lot with roommates....

Old 04-23-2005, 06:38 PM

i know a few ppl up there too i just got back yesterday from up there. It looks like a good fit for me and i like to party so thats good. I am in a big party high school too. Or maybe just the big party group from my school. I think i will be able to handle it and my friends syas that the work load isn't that bad so i should be fine even if i party. MY brother already ahd tocome home from parting to much at CU so i cant be worse than that. He got a 1.8 gpa that semster

Old 04-23-2005, 09:13 PM

i suggest you stay sober for your freshman year dont even go to one party. who cares if people think your a loser at least you will still be in college after the last semester

Old 04-23-2005, 09:21 PM

y would i do a stupid thing like that. I dont even stay sober now. They are pretty easy going there b/c they know what goes on. The only think is cops will get u for drunk in public so then u have to spend the night in jail. Thats it.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Senior Administrator

Another option to consider is an online university. You should be VERY, VERY careful, if you pursue that avanue. Most are simply 'for profit' and aren't even regionally accredited. You'd end up spending your mony and have nothing of value to show for it. Do a little research. You could even supplement your collegiate experience with online classes. Almost ALL decent colleges and universities offer them, now. It would be a way to accelerate your way to a degree, so to speak. If there's a class you need, but can't seem to fit it into your schedule online could be an ideal way to 'squeeze" it in, too.

Just thought I'd tip in with a diff perspective...

Old 04-23-2005, 09:58 PM

i would never do an online university instead of going to college.

Quick Reply: A few questions for all u college guys