Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

feckin left lane drivers....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: feckin left lane drivers....

Anyone been to China? My dad was just there and he said the drivers are crazy. People just lay on their horns the whole time and nobody pays attention, people driving into opposing traffic to get ahead. He worked in NYC for 6 years and said it doesn't even compare. His favorite part though was getting on an elevator and being the tallest one on it.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: apg96

when i was over in europe, i loved that the left was only for passing. It was great, and EVERYONE speeds. The speed limit was 90 and we were driving with traffic at about 140.
Rechts fahren, or Drive-Right, means you "drive" in the right-hand lane, and "pass" to the left. Many states here in 'Mericuh have laws on their books that advocate that same type of road usage, but it's not enforced, so no one, and I mean NO ONE seems to feel compelled to adhere to that particular law. I know, I just KNOW, in my heart that, if it WERE enforced, driving congestion would be reduced by anywhere from 17%-68% (BTW, 86% of ALL statistics are made up, on the spot).

Next week: Merging (why it's good to move over to allow people ONTO the highway)

The week after: AVOID Pennsylvania (guest speakers will attempt to explain WHY, good Lord WHY do they STOP at the bottom of their onramps?!?!?!?[:@])

Old 06-30-2006, 01:41 PM
4th Gear

Sometimes I think that my gauge is off cause im doing the speed limit but no one else is. 1 road I hate is Rt. 59 in Plainfield, IL. I remember a dakota was switching lanes like a idiot, I was next to him and he swerved into my lane inches from my car (I also swerved mind you almost hitting the curb).

Old 06-30-2006, 01:56 PM

Well I haven't heard the California rant, and we have it the worst. Look at Audinam. LOL

Really, it is the law here that it is okay to pass on the right! What a truly fecked up state!!!

Can't wait to leave.

Chef

Old 06-30-2006, 02:05 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: TheHolyGhost

Anyone been to China? My dad was just there and he said the drivers are crazy. People just lay on their horns the whole time and nobody pays attention, people driving into opposing traffic to get ahead. He worked in NYC for 6 years and said it doesn't even compare. His favorite part though was getting on an elevator and being the tallest one on it.
Driving in China is nuts. Thailand is a little bit better in the cities, but once you get out in the country it is the "biggest vehicle wins all disputes" driving policy. This can be scary on mountain roads when you are in a toyota. Some of the worst driving I've ever seen though was in Cairo. The horn was the tool of choice even when things were goig well and light contact was in the mix to let you know that someone was displeased. This sometimes got quickly out of control and there are accidents all over the place. The whole town seems to be a giant traffic jam for most of the day.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:14 PM

More and more I think it's insane to be driving amongst the mere mortals. I think the 80% thinking they're better than average is way low.

New law....no points for speeding tickets, just fines.

New law....no fine, just points for driving in the left lane, and it's ok to "bump" them to get them to move.

New law...if someone flips you the bird from thier car it's ok to run them into a wall and then beat the crap out of 'em.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:27 PM
4th Gear

That's all such a big hassle in real life. You should just play a lot of Grand Theft Auto or something to get your frustration out.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:16 PM

we need our own freeway system that you have to have a license for and the proper car inspection for....I'd pay for that

Old 06-30-2006, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

Gotta love when 1 semi going 63 mph uses the left lane to pass 2 other semi's doing 62mph. Then he finally gets past but can't change lanes because all the impatient bastages are already squezing in to the right lane to pass him.

I also love people who use their turn signal after they are already 1/2 way into the lane.

Lets not forget the guy in the 3rd lane who desides he should take that exit he just missed...

Old 07-01-2006, 12:15 AM

i love the 3 lane changes to barely make the exit, when ever i see it i applaud there effort, but one day it wont work and they'll hit those yellow barrels full of water or sand. OO i cant wait.

Quick Reply: feckin left lane drivers....