Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fbi

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Zombie Defense Force

Ya I have heard about how they talk to everyone. Luckily as a kid I made good decisions and have no problem if they talk to my past people. My degree is in Ad/Pr and a business minor. That is why I want the military exp. Any more opinions on the Marines vs Army?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 PM
5th Gear

Sign me up!

Seriously though, best of luck to ya. I wouldn't last a week before they (any govt agency) threw me out on the street. Props to you if you can hack it.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Guru

From what my dad said it really depends more on the MOS and not necessarily on the branch. Intel is gold right now.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 PM
4th Gear

Well.. in the Army, you train as a soldier, learn your MOS, and never really do combat training anymore other than the shooting range once a year.

Marines, your a Marine first.. constant combat training.

So, do you want field work or desk work?

Old 11-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Zombie Defense Force

I am all about the field work. If I went into the Army I would apply for Ranger school, i ideally want to be in some form of special forces.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:31 AM
3rd Gear

Marines, your a Marine first.. constant combat training
Really?? We train with them and sometime we train them. Is constantly changing depending on the installation and who has more equipment at the time.

I'm an Army Sergeant, my MOS was 27X, now 94S, I underwent a 13 months investigation during my training to attain my clearance. The Marines are great, but I cannot speak for them first hand since I only have done a few excercises with them. In the Army you do go through Basic, then you go throug AIT, then you go to your unit, where you continue to do training, wether is field or deployment prep. Of course we also have dirtbags and they scrub toilets with a toothbrush (yes it is true I have made privates do it) if they get too far out of hand and disrespecful.

Whatever choice you make, make a well informed one, go out and talk to people, find out from yourself, see the recruiters and find out, don't sign anything until you have read it in its entirety. Maybe the Air Force or Navy suit you better. Most Sailors and Airmen I know have really skilled technical jobs.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Guru
Old 11-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Zombie Defense Force

Yesterday I went in for an informal interview to ask some questions and find out exactly what is needed to become an agent. I wore a suit and looked nice and was the best dressed person there that i saw. i met with a female special agent who was nice and straight forward with the process. she talked to me about the ways to get in and about the tests and the how long they take to process. about 6-8 months from phase 1 to getting accepted to the fbi training center. then your there for 18-20 weeks. i am still too young to start the process and she told me that i would need more experience before i took the first test. the average age of applicants is 30 and im only 22. i expressed my desire to join the military for my exp and she said that was a good way to get it. so now i just have to see if this is the path i want to go down. some tough decisions lay ahead for me.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Zombie Defense Force

after the meeting i was driving home and my gf called me. her tire blew out on the road and she freaked out. luckily it was only 30 min out of my way to go save her. she texted me her location and i drove to change her tire. when i get there i find out she is parked in an O'rileys auto parts store WTF. she was too shy to ask a mechanic to help her change her tire. so in my nicest suit i change her tire. i didnt want to get my white shirt dirty so i took it off. yes im chaning a tire without a shirt on in 40 deg with the wind blowing because my gf couldnt ask a mechanic for help. after im finished i hurry back to school because im late for a group meeting and my gf drives to sears for a new tire. on my way home im driving faster then i should be and i blow an IC pipe off. the clamp that holds it on was no where to be found. so im an hour from school and waiting for a tow truck to bring my car home so i can put a $1 clamp on. luckily for me i broke down at hooters, i drank and staired at **** for over an hour tell my gf could pick my *** up and take me home. missed my group meeting, didnt write my paper, woke up today at 5 to finish paper, its 10 am and my day is already ****. only 7 more hours of class fml
/rant

Old 11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Dan1969
Really?? We train with them and sometime we train them. Is constantly changing depending on the installation and who has more equipment at the time.

I'm an Army Sergeant, my MOS was 27X, now 94S, I underwent a 13 months investigation during my training to attain my clearance. The Marines are great, but I cannot speak for them first hand since I only have done a few excercises with them. In the Army you do go through Basic, then you go throug AIT, then you go to your unit, where you continue to do training, wether is field or deployment prep. Of course we also have dirtbags and they scrub toilets with a toothbrush (yes it is true I have made privates do it) if they get too far out of hand and disrespecful.

Whatever choice you make, make a well informed one, go out and talk to people, find out from yourself, see the recruiters and find out, don't sign anything until you have read it in its entirety. Maybe the Air Force or Navy suit you better. Most Sailors and Airmen I know have really skilled technical jobs.
Wasnt trying to step on any toes I have lived on Air Force and Army bases half my life, and worked with Marines for years. The differences were remarkable in the day to day routines and training that I saw. Of course, there are always exceptions..