Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Favorite Little Pleasure....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:50 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Favorite Little Pleasure....

That feeling when you realize you really like that girl that sits next to you in class..

Old 03-21-2007, 03:36 AM
4th Gear

always having it cold, even if its below feezing make the blanket warmer, touching my toes(havent done that since 5th grade, can do it again now), hitting snooze, chocolate, just yelling obscenities when im really stressed, warm windy day with high huminidy, when i get off work early and parents dont know it, parking at the tops of parking garages. and i probably got more coming.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:47 AM
4th Gear

Hmm...that first swig of your fav drink after a long day, that warm satisfying feeling.
Fresh clean sheets.
Fvcking around with an engine all day then firing it up.
Finishing a great set and your muscles twitch and pulsate like crazy.
That irresistably seductive look in that special someone's eyes as she initiates sex.
Warm sand between your toes.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:31 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Whiplash

ORIGINAL: 18T

Delta? Is it yours?
Yah in my dreams

Old 03-21-2007, 05:08 AM
2nd Gear

My favorite little pleasure would be getting the hell out of city limits and just driving. Driving is like therapy for me, it's the only thing that comes easily. It's like the car is just an extension of me.Everything else in my life is just me trying to effect something that's much larger than me.

When I work, I'm going after guys who may be easy to get or it might be guys who are smarter than me, I might catch them, but they might be too good and I won't even get close. When I date, I'm trying to get a girl to like me, she might, she might not, and sometimes no matter how hard I try, I just don't succeed. When I play poker, sometimes I win big, and sometimes I'm just outclassed by the other player or even just get cold-decked all night. So often I fail, no matter how much I try. But by the same token, sometimes no matter how much I screw up, I might just get what I want anyway. The baddie might make a rookie mistake. The girl might just be loose. I might just hit pocket bullets on the poker table. So many times, what happens has nothing to do with me, I can be good and not win or I can suck and get laid.

Anything else I do, I can try my best, but sometimes it's just up to outside influence as to whether or not I can do it, but when I'm in the car, it's all me. I'm good, and that's why the car does what I want. When I build the car from the ground up, set-up the engine or suspension and then climb in, light the fire and sing along the road, it's down to me and my abilities, and nothing else. When I can hit the perfect apex at 5mph faster than anyone else, it's because of me. When I can dump the clutch and get the perfect hook-and-book launch, it's because of me. My success is due to one thing. Me.

So I drive. I drive when I feel bad because seeing what I'm capable of there on the road makes me feel better. I drive when I'm bored. I drive when I have a fight with whatever girlie I'm seeing. I drive when my raise doesn't go through. I drive when my rent goes up and my amenities go away.I drive whenever I have questions about the life that I've chosen for myself. I drive when I think about things I've done that I wish I could take back. I drive when I think about Lindsay. I drive because it's the only thing that's never once failed me. Because it's the only thing that always gives me back exactly what I put into it. Because even though I can catch the bad guy, my raise might not come, because I can be the best boyfriend in the world and the girl still might leave me, because I can make the right bet on the nut flush and still mightget kicked on the river, but no matter what, I can drive my *** off, every time, and nothing else in the world can take that away.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:11 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: kelly

taking your shoes off after being in heels too long.
hearing the first birds of spring.
eating the corner piece of a freshly baked brownie while it's still warm.
the smell of freshly baked homemade bread.
pausing to watch the last few minutes of a pretty sunset.
walking barefoot in the sand. (i don't live near the ocean)
ALL THAT ++++1000000000! especially the first line, omg, thats relaxing!

Old 03-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Will, your posts are always amazing.. that one was great.. i def know how you feel when you drive to get your minds off things, and to feel better about the things that bother you

Old 03-21-2007, 05:34 AM
Administrator

i kno silver puts alot of thought and time in his post
but he doesnt post as much anymore[&o]

and ya i think driving is one of the best ways to get ur mind of things
ur car is like a sancutary(sp)

Old 03-21-2007, 07:03 AM

Brand new socks. Man I f*cking love that.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

My favorite little pleasure would be getting the hell out of city limits and just driving. Driving is like therapy for me, it's the only thing that comes easily. It's like the car is just an extension of me.Everything else in my life is just me trying to effect something that's much larger than me.

When I work, I'm going after guys who may be easy to get or it might be guys who are smarter than me, I might catch them, but they might be too good and I won't even get close. When I date, I'm trying to get a girl to like me, she might, she might not, and sometimes no matter how hard I try, I just don't succeed. When I play poker, sometimes I win big, and sometimes I'm just outclassed by the other player or even just get cold-decked all night. So often I fail, no matter how much I try. But by the same token, sometimes no matter how much I screw up, I might just get what I want anyway. The baddie might make a rookie mistake. The girl might just be loose. I might just hit pocket bullets on the poker table. So many times, what happens has nothing to do with me, I can be good and not win or I can suck and get laid.

Anything else I do, I can try my best, but sometimes it's just up to outside influence as to whether or not I can do it, but when I'm in the car, it's all me. I'm good, and that's why the car does what I want. When I build the car from the ground up, set-up the engine or suspension and then climb in, light the fire and sing along the road, it's down to me and my abilities, and nothing else. When I can hit the perfect apex at 5mph faster than anyone else, it's because of me. When I can dump the clutch and get the perfect hook-and-book launch, it's because of me. My success is due to one thing. Me.

So I drive. I drive when I feel bad because seeing what I'm capable of there on the road makes me feel better. I drive when I'm bored. I drive when I have a fight with whatever girlie I'm seeing. I drive when my raise doesn't go through. I drive when my rent goes up and my amenities go away.I drive whenever I have questions about the life that I've chosen for myself. I drive when I think about things I've done that I wish I could take back. I drive when I think about Lindsay. I drive because it's the only thing that's never once failed me. Because it's the only thing that always gives me back exactly what I put into it. Because even though I can catch the bad guy, my raise might not come, because I can be the best boyfriend in the world and the girl still might leave me, because I can make the right bet on the nut flush and still mightget kicked on the river, but no matter what, I can drive my *** off, every time, and nothing else in the world can take that away.
Well put, but Iwasscaredyou were gonna say something like "I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"

Quick Reply: Favorite Little Pleasure....