Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fastest Audi

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:14 AM
4th Gear

Hey guys, look at me, I'm pompus ***** with too much money and came to this worthless forum just to rub it in all of your faces.

OP, sorry we can't help you further with your decision here, but most of us don't have that kind of expendable cash laying around that we've seriously contemplated which Audi could be the fastest. I'm just trying to keep my lowly 99.5 A4 running well, and trying to figure out how much I have to save in order to be able to afford an '03 RS6 a few years down the road. In case your didn't know, it has a 450HP 4.2L twin turbo V8, and can be had for about $25K. A few thousand in parts and labor (because I know there's no way you would do your own work, might get a little grease under your manicured nails), you would have a beast of a fast car. However, most wouldn't consider an '03 RS6 a showcar. Most non-Audi people would assume it's just a 4 door grocery getter, which is in my mind, the ulimate sleeper.

How about you just test drive them all, and pick the one you like the best? Then, once you buy one, come back and brag about it. Just don't forget the pics, otherwise you're just a pile of **** sitting at your computer with your imaginary supercar parked right next to mine...

Can we add this thread to my other thread titled "How not to be a tool"?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Slut

This thread smells bad lol...
Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
You can buy ANY car and make it fast
yea except a 12valve lol

But other than all that, IMO, you could get a new S4 and mod it pretty easily (especially as tuning companies start to make more products for that platform). Thank god they got back into forced induction.
You could go grab a new V10 R8 and mod that sucker. (I mean if money is no object right)
The new RS6 has a wild setup.

But Im leaning towards you being a 16 year old sitting on your dads laptop in your underpants trying to impress people on the internet for some odd reason. Sorry, just seems that way.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:23 AM
Administrator

Can I haz pictas of show car?

Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 AM
4th Gear

I second that, Krip. Seems to be a few people looking for proof of that A8 showcar...

Old 06-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

lol I picture something like this...

Old 06-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Come on guys, give this guy a break.

He's probably got a kustomz A8 with spinnin' rimz and tee vee screenz all ovaz. Did I mention the kustomz leopardz and croc skinz upholsteriez?
22" spinnin rimz baybeee!

But really, I wanna see the A8 show car.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:36 PM

ok, answer to all your excessive uselessness. 33, in WA, A8 is on seattle showcar list, so stop being extremely lazy and try productive searching. not rubbing money in your face, sorry you pathetic worms don't know what "bonds" or "saving interest accrument" means, but try college, even you wanna be tweakers could figure that out. as for my mechanical background on cars, about 0, i was painting/repairing aircraft, mostly helos at 14. BOEING has great job offers for excelling students in MD/VA. but lets see, since this seems to be a gripe fest, the question was vague i'll admit. my question i guess would have said "Which newer (2007-2010) PRE-MOD is considered the fastest from 0-60 outside of the R8 and RS6<<not in US if i wanted a supercar i'd go buy a McLaren SLR and drop $120k into it. as for money limit, two out of my 17 bonds are worth $411k combined, and my kids are gonna be set for college. So i guess for you children that feel powerful at a keyboard, the answer to the "Price Limit" would be $420k. I started with a 2000 BMW 740iL went to an Acura NSX (still have and love it) then got my A8. out of the different areas and brands i've driven that i didn't own, i love audi's. Handling, Suspension, and Luxuries that make other Manu's cry. so if you guys can come up with productive CONSTRUCTIVE criticism please leave it, if not, please ST*U and grow up.

-The death of one man is a tragedy - The death of millions is a statistic."

Old 06-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by A8Kustomz
ok, answer to all your excessive uselessness. 33, in WA, A8 is on seattle showcar list, so stop being extremely lazy and try productive searching. not rubbing money in your face, sorry you pathetic worms don't know what "bonds" or "saving interest accrument" means, but try college, even you wanna be tweakers could figure that out. as for my mechanical background on cars, about 0, i was painting/repairing aircraft, mostly helos at 14. BOEING has great job offers for excelling students in MD/VA. but lets see, since this seems to be a gripe fest, the question was vague i'll admit. my question i guess would have said "Which newer (2007-2010) PRE-MOD is considered the fastest from 0-60 outside of the R8 and RS6<<not in US if i wanted a supercar i'd go buy a McLaren SLR and drop $120k into it. as for money limit, two out of my 17 bonds are worth $411k combined, and my kids are gonna be set for college. So i guess for you children that feel powerful at a keyboard, the answer to the "Price Limit" would be $420k. I started with a 2000 BMW 740iL went to an Acura NSX (still have and love it) then got my A8. out of the different areas and brands i've driven that i didn't own, i love audi's. Handling, Suspension, and Luxuries that make other Manu's cry. so if you guys can come up with productive CONSTRUCTIVE criticism please leave it, if not, please ST*U and grow up.

-The death of one man is a tragedy - The death of millions is a statistic."
Now this is a better post explaining and clearing everything up.

Honestly, I feel that AF is one of the forums out there with the nicer members compared to some hence why I'm still here after several years and have made actual friends with these people in real life. This is one of the only forums that I know with the members caring for each other and taking the time out of their busy schedule to help each other out. Although I truly apologize for my ignorance, lack of education, and the lack of money on top of that. I wish I could change all of those things and be something more useful to the society.

All in all, I think everyone was giving you a hard time because you were a new member, asking a really vague question, and on top of that you had poor grammar, spelling, and punctuations (perhaps you were posting from a phone?). All of these reasons would lead us to believe that you were a troll or in fact a 12 year old kid pretending to have a show car and was just wanting the attention that they never received.

After all, don't take everything so seriously. Internet isn't that serious of a business.

BTW - The blue A8 (or S8) in your car profile has a New Jersey license plate. So are you from NJ or WA?

^Got this pic off LLtek website. That IS your car, correct?

^ That's the picture I was talking about. Found it when I clicked the car you own right underneath your screen name. BTW - I wanna know how you managed to win a car show with powder coated stock rimz instead of the aftermarket ones you have on your car already. I'm totally curious. If this was the case, would my car be a kustom show car too?

and I quoted your picture remark "Before I changed rims and rubbers to PZero and powder coated stock rims"

Also on your profile, it says that you own an A8 W12. Why would you rebadge the car to an S8? A8 W12 obviously cost more than the S8. Trying to lay low and stay low key?

Last edited by kriptonik; 06-22-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:08 PM
4th Gear

guess this forum is kinda pointless
In case you didn't notice, everyone turned after this little remark. Next time, try not to come off as a pompus *****, and we'll try not to over react.

For the record, I don't own any stocks or bonds. ****, just last year I finally got my head above water enough so we're not living paycheck to paycheck. So, I have no idea what it's like to have so much money you don't ever have to worry about it.

I can tell you about a different kind of wealth I do have though... How about being married for 13 years to a beautiful woman who has stuck by my side through all the rough times, including 4 years in Iraq, and my three awesome boys who love me unconditionally, in spite of all the time away.

I wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world, so I'll keep my humble little 99.5 A4 and be happy with it.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:26 PM
4th Gear

Krip, that has to be his car. Didn't you know? Everything you see on the interwebz HAS to be true!

Quick Reply: Fastest Audi