Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

fast and the furious

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 02:43 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default RE: fast and the furious

[sm=lol.gif] [:-]

it's turned into a Fast & the Furious quotes thread...

I saw the movie today... figured why not? I'm a transplant from that scene anyhow...
actually pleasantly surprised it was as good as it was.. the cars of course were waaay over the top.
but it did much better than I thought ( I detested FF2) they got the whole drifting /underground scene so mixed up...
but it is what it is.. a movie. you sacrifice things like that to gain $$$ & Marketability.

heres my contribution to the quotes

"I need nos!"

"Amateurs don't use nitrous oxide. I've seen the way you drive; you've got a heavy foot. You'll blow yourself to pieces!"

"I need one of those big ones. Actually, let's make it two."

Old 06-18-2006, 03:00 AM

ye I understand the pain,
there is so many things mixed up, mostly misconseption and stuff,

after FF1 in my school, people were telling so much crap, after a while I stoped corecting and said go to hell, couse one guy had a nerve to stand up to me
well I buried him in information, and stoped couse it became boring.

my favorite thing is when the N2O blows up like a fuel tank or a probane tank.

in FF2, just the stupidiety,

and true drifting originated from raling, and japanese should not take creadied,
why you ask, well....
the thing is, that drifting is geting the car out of control, right. well why is that japanese cars are dominating in out of control driving, well thats a simple and retorical question, couse the cars have very poor control, you can get them drifting preaty easy.
what that means, that the engeners have put very little mind into it, meaning its a peace of crap.

Racing was and always will be, staying in control.

Note: I take my opinion and shav it up my hole, so that it be easier for others

Old 06-18-2006, 03:07 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

^

[&:] im gonna leave that one alone...

except that I agree drifting is about losing control - but it does take alot of skill to do properly, and controlled.
even if isnt really the fastest way to take the turn.... who cares??

plus there are japanese cars w/ lots of control (all wheel drive) that takes mad skill to drift...

[&o] ahh.. im gonna leave this one alone..

Old 06-18-2006, 03:18 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Turbo i3uddha

except that I agree drifting is about losing control - but it does take alot of skill to do properly, and controlled.
even if isnt really the fastest way to take the turn.... who cares??
There is something a little cheesy about drift "racing" because it isn't about going fast. It is more of a style thing. Kinda like womens' ice skating.

Look at me! I can get my car a little sideways and then bring it back the other way! Why? Because there is this scene that says it is cool to do this.

I don't get it.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:26 AM

I agree, ye a good car, like audi and subaru wrs and sti etc... similar are hard to get into drifting.
and ye, its way cheesy. I would say like wrestling but ice skating can be too.

its basically a show off skill. you dont use it in real driving or racing, exept for rally, which is quite cool.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Senior Administrator

What they call "drifting" nowadays, we did, back in Detroit, in teh winter[&:], in our Rents cars [&:] whenever we could convince them we were responsible enough to be let out with teh car, in teh snow[8D]... We weren't, of course. Rents are SOOOOO gullible (said teh Rent). It's EASY in a small car with a BIG engine. Try it is a 1972 Caprice Classic 4-door Sedan. Or, a 1969 Coupe DeVille. Or, (STILL speaking from PERSONAL experience) a 1979 Chevette . Now THAT was fun!!! Of course, without teh snow[&o]

BIG cars
BIG engines
Skinny, bias-ply tires[:@]
BIG torque
BIG ego[&:]
BIG cajones[8D]
BIG need to impress your DORK friends by being a BIGGER DORK[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Oh... And, SNOW-covered streets and alleys[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 06-18-2006, 05:39 PM

I drifted during winter but I hate drifting while dry. [:@]

see my video, next tiem I go to abandoned airport here in Brooklyn, and drift like crazy when it be snowing
open field, hopfully a SC, highly pumped tires like 40 psi, and a camra and maybe a friend or 2.

Old 06-18-2006, 07:15 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

What they call "drifting" nowadays, we did, back in Detroit, in teh winter[&:], in our Rents cars [&:] whenever we could convince them we were responsible enough to be let out with teh car, in teh snow[8D]... We weren't, of course. Rents are SOOOOO gullible (said teh Rent). It's EASY in a small car with a BIG engine. Try it is a 1972 Caprice Classic 4-door Sedan. Or, a 1969 Coupe DeVille. Or, (STILL speaking from PERSONAL experience) a 1979 Chevette . Now THAT was fun!!! Of course, without teh snow[&o]

BIG cars
BIG engines
Skinny, bias-ply tires[:@]
BIG torque
BIG ego[&:]
BIG cajones[8D]
BIG need to impress your DORK friends by being a BIGGER DORK[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Oh... And, SNOW-covered streets and alleys[sm=badidea.gif]
Yeah the big cars are alot more fun to throw around, cus it like, "I really shouldn't be able to do this" Wish I still had my old one.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:12 AM
2nd Gear

Haha wow that's so many smiley faces.

Old 06-19-2006, 03:15 AM
1st Gear

havent seen this movie yet....after FF1 i was like, "ok, that wasnt so bad", but when FF2 came out, i was like, "oh sh*t, here come the ricers"...i'd hate to see the newest installment about drifting because i am a former drifter...so odds are i won't sit comfrtably through FF3

side note: last night some kid totalled his car and hit some friends of mine because he thought it was cool to do this crap on the streets, another shame on the movie/media industry

Quick Reply: fast and the furious