Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

fast and furious

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Site Moderator

Haha... Redline was great, you know it. The cheese that goes into theses street racer movies is classic and worth a watch if not just for the laughs alone. I don't think I'll pay money to see it, but I'm still interested in seeing it. I'll watch anything that involves fast cars, hot chicks, and violence. If you arent interested in those things then you are an un american homo jk... But seriously..

Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 PM

i had seen the previews a long time ago but idk it came out in april.
looks good. I deffinately wanna see it.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

^^ agreed, how many times can they upshift, its like yes, in a race the pass the guy, then slow down and down shift every 5 seconds

Old 01-28-2009, 02:28 PM

i just hope there are as many mistakes as the first one, so i have something to pick out when watching it

me and my roommate printed a list off similar to this one
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0232500/goofs
and watched the movie to see if all were true, some were nit picky and not necessarily true. One that was on the other list said that paul walker up shifted 8 times in the opening scene around the track, stuff like that.

and when the civic passes underneath the semi trailer, there is a support beam and only one axle, but when they show the side view of the trailer, no support beam and two axles.

good fun

Old 01-28-2009, 04:45 PM
4th Gear

i have a love/hate relationship with mistakes in movies, cause i love looking for them, but hate it cause when i find them just pay attention to it...

like every movie that has a gun for example... a certain gun will have a 10 round magazine and they'll shoot 15 times without reloading, neat trick if you ask me

Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SourDieselS4
What really drives me crazy is the number of up-shifts they have in a straight line race. Every 6 seconds no matter what they look at each other then shift into fourteenth gear its rediculous. Same story with that Redline movie. Is this really what people want to see?
I also love how in redline an S7, Carrera GT, Enzo, and CCX(?) are all equal in a straight line.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by myslow1
um so yeah am i a complete loser to say the new f&f actually looks cool??? I saw a preview today and im excited for it to come out...

thoughts?
uhh.. the first one was a classic comedy that I still quote jokingly today.

So sure, i'm excited for another pile of **** that is wrong about everything, and will give me years of laughs.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:25 PM

^ word. im down for a good comedy.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Amze
uhh.. the first one was a classic comedy that I still quote jokingly today.

So sure, i'm excited for another pile of **** that is wrong about everything, and will give me years of laughs.
lol fair enough

Old 01-30-2009, 09:31 AM
3rd Gear

I am actually looking forward to the movie. As far as racing movies it is one of the only ones that can actually hold attention and put a story along w/ it. I know a lot of people don't think they had a good story line but hell I have seen normal movies that were a lot worse when it came to a story. Tokyo drift wasn't a bad movie at all.

Quick Reply: fast and furious