Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Facelift Audiforums

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 06:42 PM
5th Gear

meh. aesthetically, this was a lateral change. If the issues are fixed, good, I'll consider THAT an upgrade. I will agree the forum is too bright though. Nothing I can do about it on the computer here at work, I'll have to play around with my Eee and see if theres something I can do thru linux.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:10 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by MrFlippant
Okay! So if you go to your User CP and click on Edit Options, then scroll down to the Thread Display Options section, you can change the number of posts per page to 5, 10, 20, 30, or 40. Hooray!

SWEET!!

thank you sir!

the only problem now is that people will have all sorts of different page settings, And if I were to say, look what was pasted back on page "x" a lot of people are going to be very confused

Old 08-02-2008, 07:28 PM
5th Gear

Can always reference it by post #.

As in, you just made post #82 (upper right corner of your post)

Old 08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
2nd Gear

I have heard a lot of people complain about inserting images and that it's harder, but it is actually easier. Instead of clicking on the insert image link all you have to do is copy and paste.

I use photobucket and I see that a lot of other people do as well. Just copy and paste the IMG code, which is the last one and your done, no typing or anything.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:37 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by fred2ka4
I have heard a lot of people complain about inserting images and that it's harder, but it is actually easier. Instead of clicking on the insert image link all you have to do is copy and paste.

I use photobucket and I see that a lot of other people do as well. Just copy and paste the IMG code, which is the last one and your done, no typing or anything.

well i'm not always liking pictures from my photobucket so it isnt always that simple. but the image button is back so all of my complaints in that area of the new forums are gone

Old 08-02-2008, 08:12 PM
5th Gear

I've never used the img button anyway, no different for me. I can type [img] (or quote, or whatever) faster than I can find the button for it. I use keyboard commands much more than I right click. But whatever, not like that applies to anyone but me.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:23 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
I've never used the img button anyway, no different for me. I can type [img] (or quote, or whatever) faster than I can find the button for it. I use keyboard commands much more than I right click. But whatever, not like that applies to anyone but me.
I'm the same way - it's just as easy as anything to type [img] tags and then Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:46 PM
3rd Gear

One more thing.... I don't like that you can't see who is in what section. Before I could be in OT and see who was there, and go over to A4 B5 and see who was there. But now it's like we have to see everyone logged in on one list and only on the main page, and we can't see who's in each section. Lame...

Old 08-02-2008, 08:47 PM
2nd Gear

All the stickies need to be linked to a single stickie page. Very annoying.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

Originally Posted by Whiplash
All the stickies need to be linked to a single stickie page. Very annoying.

yes, i kind of agree. you have to scroll down half a page to get to the current stuff.
it also makes the page shorter so topics are moved to page 2 quicker.

Quick Reply: Facelift Audiforums