Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

f1 in turkey

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:49 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: f1 in turkey

yeah dude, vittel was his name, 19 year old german. he was quickest in the second practice! crazy.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:05 PM
2nd Gear

ferrari on the front row again. renault look strong too though on the second row. this is gonna be a great race.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:03 PM
4th Gear

Massa put in a good day's work. I think Ferrari's pit strategy was screwed up. They shouldn't have brought them in together. It's not a mathmatical certainty, but I'd say that Alonso has it wrapped up again now.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
2nd Gear

definitely looks like he's in good shape. m.s. would have to finish three points better than alonso the rest of the way to tie everything up.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
4th Gear

Alonso better enjoy it because now that he is moving, he may not see another championship for a long time - maybe never.

You would never get me to leave a winning team like that. First off, he's already got a $hitload of money. Second, winning is more fun that making a few extra millions on top of your other millions. I guess he's going to go back to a really nice trailer and count his money instead of having to bother with all of that stuff that you have to do when you win races.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:30 PM
2nd Gear

still no idea why in the world he decided to leave renault. not a sound decision. i heard he was trying to get out of the contract a while back, but haven't heard any more details. they're also talking about his second driver being de la rosa, which is a farce. he doesn't deserve that seat for a whole season. maybe they should try to get massa if ferrari ends up dumping him, since everyone is so sure kimi is headed there. or maybe michael will retire and it will be kimi/massa. what do you think?

Old 08-28-2006, 09:44 PM
4th Gear

I can't keep up with it all. I read about who is talking to who and it is all so incestuous, and the same names are talked about for all of these different teams, I can't keep it straight. I just wait for the contract announcements. In the end, they're all getting rich. I can't even remember if Ferrari has already signed a #2 for next season or if they can just stick with Massa. I would think that Massa is helping his chances alot these days. That was a helluva pole and race he pulled off. What if he does that again at Monza? That would be huge. http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/driv...ansferts.shtml

I don't think that MS will retire. Both he and Ferrari are still too good. He already has just about every record that there is, but I think he wants another championship. He sees Alonso leaving and he can probably see one for himself in '07. I'll bet he talks to Miki about what his life is like now and Miki tells him to stay in, if his wife will let him. I would think that almost anything would be a letdown after being an F1 driver. So if he's not tired and not getting pressure from home, then he will stick with it a little longer.