Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

F#<king dmv

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 PM
4th Gear
Thumbs down F#<king dmv

Okay - gotta vent a sec...

Back in January we get the notification for renewal on the tags for my TT which are due March 8th.

Cool - no sweat - only $140 something - wife sends off the payment via electronic transfer through our bank. The way she always pays our bills.

February rolls through - still no tags in the mail.

March 1st arrives - wife panics sends a regular check via snail mail, three days later that check clears, and five days later (March 10th) I get my tags. During this time my wife stops payment on the first electronic transfer.

April rolls in and we get a letter saying we're late on the tags and owe $240 now on them. I try to get through to DMV and with staffing issues they can't help or get a straight answer. I give up and I have my tags - so screw them...

Yesterday the State Tax Franchise Board sends a letter to my company wanting to garnish my wages for these extra payment! And now they want $305!

So I call again. Explain the story. Lady practically laughs - in my face - and says no can help over the phone. I ask, can they see that the tags have been paid? No, but your registration has now been revoked and I must take a copy of the cashed check to a local DMV to scare this up!

Lesson here: I'm now taking my stuff directly to DMV and waiting the hour to get my tags from now on.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:18 PM
4th Gear

sorry to here that i hate the government

Old 06-04-2009, 02:21 PM

bitchesss. the dmv must look to hire ******** instead of the friendly folk to help you out

Old 06-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Guru

Here in friendly PA I only had to pay $36 and no one would have laughed in my face if I was in the same predicament. Write you representative or senator. They might be able to help.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:30 PM

Just wait til the health care system is run like the DMV.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
4th Gear

UGH! Sorry to hear about this John! Hopefully you'll have your TT back on the road (legally) in no time!

Old 06-04-2009, 03:38 PM
4th Gear

Oh it's still on the road - I have tags! lol...

Just gotta go down to the DMV and wait now - arrrrgh!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 PM
1st Gear

You have my sympathy.

I have been fighting with the quasi governmental Mass Property Insurance Assoc. This thing was set up to write policies near the water. I paid twice for the same year and they can't find the first payment, they did not apply it to my property, and they did not send it back.

This was after they said:
1. They found the payment
2. They would apply it to the property OR
3. They would send it back

I got the same level of help on the phone that you got from the DMV - nada.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 PM
5th Gear

you work for a government agency, don't you know that when it comes to paying them they'll never say you did until you talk to them face to face? that's the lesson i've learned from dealing with government run agencies

Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Site Moderator

I go to AAA to take care of my tags. They deal with the DMV directly and i have never had a problem in 8 years so far.

Quick Reply: F#<king dmv