Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

f this global warming

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Default RE: f this global warming

global warming has been happening since the beginning of time the true nature of it is called ( how to extort TAX ) and blame nature

Old 10-10-2007, 07:41 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: f this globel warming

Old 10-10-2007, 07:44 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: sineo

ORIGINAL: railrunner
Sorry, I thought "whoops, wrong" was an indicator that someone was being accused of being incorrect in your opinion and since the entire quote was not replicated, it seemed your intention was to imply it was I . My bad.
I forgive you.

While on it however, perhaps I am a little dense but has Man's effect on global warming been actually irrefutably proven?
I think that's not quite the right question because while we're still in the process of global warming, we can't really quantify the current or future impact. What we can answer is whether or not we have an impact on global warming. The answer to that question is, "yes." Whether or not global warming is truly cause for concern which warrants immediate action is less clear.

so how do effect and impact differ? (for the record it was my question so not sure where the list of right and wrong questions is) I smell a dodge
For the purpose of the discussion, they have the same literary meaning. So I will rephrase it and take the liberty that it is one of many "right" questions, but throwing in the basic elements of your last response.
"Has man's Impact on global warming been actually irrefutably proven...assuming to your liking, that we can define impact as being any change created outside the realm of possible natural occurance, regardless of quantification being that of minute or exceptional proportion.?"

Old 10-10-2007, 08:25 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sineo

It's a mixture, which is why we can't quantify our impact even if we recognize our contribution.

This is heavy stuff...maybe we could talk about abortion, religion, or welfare next.
All things that shouldnt have anything to do with the Government

Go Ron Paul

Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ironman
Go Ron Paul
Hahaha! Word.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:48 AM
3rd Gear

"Has man's Impact on global warming been actually irrefutably proven...assuming to your liking, that we can define impact as being any change created outside the realm of possible natural occurance, regardless of quantification being that of minute or exceptional proportion.?"
I've already answered, "yes," to that question. It's not a "dodge," if the exact question posed is unanswerable (which is why I gave the alternative, answerable question...it was not to imply anything about you). I don't know why you're on the defensive every time you reply to me, but I'm not really interesting in pursuing that particular dynamic.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:26 AM
4th Gear

not on the defensive at all. nor is that my interest. It seemed you enjoyed a healthy debate and so I was compelled to enter it. Ease up. If you read around you will see that I am a lighthearted person. To simplify, I was asking the question is it irrefutable that man is impacting global warming. Not can impact it, but proven to be impacting it. To that you said "yes" and so the next question would be, where is it proven? I was not aware that it had been proven but only theorized. Not a big deal but we are all learning here and you seemed to have a strong knowledge of the subject. You seem well informed and bright and so I was simply seeking a healthy debate. Please do not take any of my posts as anything other than defending the positions we were taking for the dialogue. I was simply sticking to the facts of the questions, not personalizing it. I'll leave it there. We're cool
If there is irrefutable proof that man is affecting the global warming, I'm sure it will come to light in this next fun filled election[:@]!

Old 10-10-2007, 08:08 PM
4th Gear

Very interesting stuff, good read.

Im not to into the topic but I'm selfish and mainly worry about the world that I rely on to survive[&:]

Old 10-10-2007, 09:56 PM
3rd Gear

Ha, yeah, it would be really inconvenient if the world ceased to exist.