Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

f this global warming

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:17 AM
2nd Gear
Default f this global warming

i live on the east coast, its october and the weather channel say plan a beach trip in october!! i miss the snowy days(quattro) also car perfomes well in the cold weather, in summer its lazy as hell. i cant wait till it snows make that quattro useful.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Administrator
Default RE: f this globel warming

Yeah, the weather has been pretty screwed up in the past 2 years or so.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:27 AM
2nd Gear

global*

Old 10-09-2007, 04:01 AM

Man-made global warming is bullshit, by the way. If you care to argue why, I'll send you a 25-page research paper I did on it.

Other than that, yeah, global warming does suck. I'm a winter guy myself.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Leifer

Man-made global warming is bullshit, by the way. If you care to argue why, I'll send you a 25-page research paper I did on it.

so your 25 page paper refutes what nobel peace prize award winning researchers and scientists have to say? I'm sure you're a smart guy, but you're wrong. global warming (or climate change, same thing) is very real. I used to be like you, in denial. open your eyes man.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Belligerenceā„¢

ORIGINAL: Leifer

so your 25 page paper refutes what nobel peace prize award winning researchers and scientists have to say? I'm sure you're a smart guy, but you're wrong. global warming (or climate change, same thing) is very real. I used to be like you, in denial. open your eyes man.
You mean the reports that the IPCC publishes? The ex-lead researcher for the IPCC and plenty of credible scientists (Harvard astrophysicists, NASA climatologists, etc) who do independent research are right.

And just so you know, the IPCC is a UN organization that was founded to support the FCCC and the Kyoto Protocol. So naturally, this political group has a premise to favor whatever will get them paid in the end, right? What would happen to their paychecks and bonusses if global warming was disproved? They're not scientists; they're a committee that does "peer-reviews", and about 80% of the scientists involved with the IPCC had alot of legal issues with them, regarding the slander and alteration of unbiased scientifical research.

Here, watch these two videos. I don't want to get into an argument with you, don't think I'm telling you you're wrong or calling you stupid or something. I'd be glad to discuss this in a PM, if you want to talk about it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&plindex=0

uh oh... there was also a really controversial video called The Great Global Warming Swindle, but it's been taken off of youtube and gvideo. I dunno where to find it, but it's really good

Old 10-09-2007, 04:28 AM

^^ thanks. my money was on you blowing up and acting like an ***, so good on you for being civil.

I'll bookmark that video, and watch it tomorrow.

EDIT: this should really be in off topic, shouldn't it? [8D]

Old 10-09-2007, 08:58 AM

"global warming" is part of the natural cycle of earth, they proven that in the past the earth has gone through a series of hot cycles and cold cycles. this is just one of the ot cycles and eventually it will end and recied into one of its cold cycles

Old 10-09-2007, 09:30 AM
1st Gear

Awesome. I'm glad you guys aren't those retards who believe Al Gore. Leifer and Bondga hit the nail right on the head.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:41 AM
2nd Gear

Very true leifer, its good to see some people who are aware of both sides. I dont know how many people are biased on this subject, instantly taking the "al gore" side etc. I believe that the earth is changing, but its not our fault. Just to cap this off, someone try and trade my Audi for a Hybrid ima sock them in the face.

Quick Reply: f this global warming