Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

F*cking cops

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:23 PM
2nd Gear

Alright so here is the update.

The DMV was closed today so I decided to go to the local police station and have them run my plates and tell me what was wrong. I went with my friend in his car just to be safe lol.

The cop ran the plates, using my registration papers, and essentially the two chick cops were right, the plates are not valid. I had the cop do a little bit more digging because it didn't make any sense since I had clearly payed the registration for this year.

What happened is that my old car was sent to the scrap yard in February and I had the plates on that car canceled. What happened is that somehow the DMV idiots canceled the plates on my audi and not on my old car -_-

Basically the the DMV is a bunch of idiots and I'm going to sort the mess out tomorrow with them.

As for the two chick cops well technically they were supposed to impound the car. The local cop today told me I was really lucky I was not impounded and had it been him he would have towed the car. Clearly those chick cops saw something they liked and I will have to go back there tonight and get their numbers :P

Old 04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Senior Administrator

You are now honor-bound to change the name of this thread to "Canad-I-stan Cops R TEH totally rockN AWE-SOM-IST!!!"

And, give them MY number!

Old 04-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

So as to your OP invalid plates is why they pulled you over, not cuz your sub or cuz your 20 driving an Audi... Like I said before you are lucky cuz they could have made your night hell and wallet empty! But they helped you out.... How dare those F*cking Cops...

Old 04-10-2010, 06:04 PM
2nd Gear

Chocolat you are right that I owe it to those two cops but I can guarantee you that the only reason they ran my plates in the first plate was because of the those things...

Regardless, I retract my original title of "f*cking cops" and I change it to "f*cking retard DMV ***** that cancelled the wrong plates" lol

Old 04-10-2010, 07:15 PM
4th Gear

Not really... I have had mine ran before... I'm not 20 with a base... Some cities down here have cop cars with cameras that are constantly runing plates... they can do 80-90% of every car that passes/they pass on the freeway!

Old 04-11-2010, 12:38 AM
5th Gear

Glad to hear you're getting all this figured and sorted out.

Definitely seems like these officers were kind to you. I couldn't imagine them lying to you about your plates being invalid, when you can clearly check that out. They have no reason to lie. It's a good thing they are running plates... I hope they can hit 80-90% of cars. If they're out late at night it's probably boring, so running plates is good police work. You could have been a douche who simply doesn't register his plates... or get insurance... or a great many other things.

Regardless, sounds like this has a happy ending.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:18 AM
Senior Administrator

They give HAPPY ENDINGS, TOO!??!?!?

givethemmynumbergivethemmynumbergivethemmynumbergi vethemmynumbergivethemmynumbergivethemmynumbergive themmynumbergivethemmynumbergivethemmynumbergiveth emmynumbergivethemmynumbergivethemmynumbergivethem mynumbergivethemmynumbergivethemmynumbergivethemmy number, pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplea se!!!!one1!!!1oneoneone!!!!!111!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Senior Administrator

It cudda been worse. You cudda been THIS GUY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mlch97EQDA

Old 04-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

And that's why you don't sag your pants...

Old 04-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
And that's why you don't sag your pants...
Unless you're INTO that sorta thing

Quick Reply: F*cking cops