Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ever worked outside your department?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 06:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default Ever worked outside your department?

I have a new found respect for the crewmember's onboard my Coast Guard Cutter. I usually work for the Supply department, and handle all of the administrative issues such as paychecks, leave, transfers, etc etc. I've been doing this for the past 2 years, and now our boat is in drydock, getting some major modifications to update our technology. The command has now sent me to work with the "deck" department, for my last 3 weeks onboard until my transfer to Seattle, WA.

The "deck" department guys are the one's who do all of the $hit work on the boat... Painting, sanding, washing, etc etc. They also get paid the least... I never had to do any of that because I got a guaranteed training school, and skipd that whole process. I just wanted to say, that no matter where you work, give the guys working under you some respect. In my case, they work alot harder than me, and get paid less.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:11 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Ever worked outside your department?

So you're a Mod now?

Remember to be kind to those of us under you.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Administrator

hes not the only new mod

Old 05-23-2006, 06:16 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

So you're a Mod now?

Remember to be kind to those of us under you.
Only you could make that connection pTurbo...

Old 05-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Site Moderator

haha..well congrats to both of you.. And agreed.. I think its a good rule of thumb just to treat people the way you want to be treated.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:22 PM
4th Gear

Wow. Panda too!

Time to go start my own "I'm leaving" thread. [8D]

Old 05-24-2006, 04:01 AM
1st Gear

I know what you mean, but you fortunately seem to have deck workers who know what they are doing. I work Intel for the Air Force, and I swear I have to do all my own Pay, Assignment, Personnel, and training paperwork because all that ever happens is the department that is supposed to be dealing with those things winds up jacking it up beyond all belief and I have to leave MY office to go to THEIRS and straighten out the messes they are PAID to fix instead of doing what I'm paid to do.

We refer to those people as 'Those first in line to be replaced with Robots'.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:30 AM
1st Gear

definetely respect goes along way. hey man when you get to seattle hit me up, we can get an audi crew rolling around here.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:48 AM
4th Gear

when did every body become a mod, Why wasn't I invited. anyway, no, Its not like I can work out of my department. its alittle more complicated than that.

Old 05-24-2006, 06:30 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: jayson161

definetely respect goes along way. hey man when you get to seattle hit me up, we can get an audi crew rolling around here.
Yea Jayson, I didn't realize that you were in the Seattle area. What are you doing June 4th? You should head up to the border with SwiftA4, and meet me and RedGoat. We are going to be doing the "Der Ein Tag 1000 Rally". SwiftA4 is going to meet up with us mid-drive, and continue on to the finish line in Seattle. We are trying to get a dinner going at the end of the rally at Grouse's house. Let me know if your interested. You can read up on everything about the rally in my sig.

Quick Reply: Ever worked outside your department?