Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

ESP??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: ESP??

It doesnt really make a lot of a difference on a stock car ( if u launch it). I usually have it on. But in a bad wheather conditions it should be on, unless u used to drive in a snow/rain without it (it does make some sense). Or if u are in the track, turn that off-maybe u gonna spin the wheels becuase of the extra 100hp you dont know about ))

Old 06-27-2008, 11:04 AM
2nd Gear

I usually leave it on unless racing or messing around in snow. After totaling my last S4, I now go by the whole "better safe than sorry" thing.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM
SoCal Crew Member/White Devil

As far as winter driving conditions i am from the mountains of CA. We would get 6-10 feet of snow at my house every year. I also worked as a snowboard instructer for 4 years, so yeah i know about snow. and before i hada job that would allow mepay for an Audi, i had a whole slew of s**t a$$ cars. And none of them had esp and i was fine for that matter they didn't even have all whell drive. I was fine unless doing something stupid then you might run into a snow bank or two. Obviously by your sig head shook i can see your use to driving in the snow as well and i personally believe you can drive in the snow or you cannot drive in the snow no matter what your car is. Also for that matter i think the esp button is a nice security blanket but it in no way entitles anybody to drive in the snow.