Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Emotional roller coaster

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Default Emotional roller coaster

This past week, I witnessed the whole life cycle in the span of three days: birth, marriage, and death. So right now, I'm riding an emotional roller coaster with no idea on when it will end.

Last Saturday, a friend of my wife's got married. We went to her wedding, and had a blast at their reception. Too bad it rained last Saturday, but everything turned out great for my wife's friend and her husband.

Last Sunday, my wife and I went over to my friend's house to meet his new 9-day-old daughter. His wife had a long and tough delivery, but mother and daughter are doing just fine.

Yesterday at work, I get a phone call from my wife, telling me that my 11-year-old cat is dying. My mother-in-law found him on the side of the house halfway in the bushes. So, I rush home to be with him to the end (I'm sure I broke quite a few laws on the way home). I think he was waiting for me to get home so I can say goodbye to him. Since he was obviously suffering, and there was nothing I could do to save him, I chose to have him put to sleep. He died yesterday at about 6pm PST. Rest in peace, Tazman. You will be missed. I will see you again when God calls me home.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

you are supposed to cherish all that life brings to you, since it is in this way that you see and appreciate all the beauty life has to offer.

so sorry about your cat. you did the right thing to ease his pain. i'm sure you'll always have good memories and Tazman was equally glad to have known you.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Site Moderator

Sorry about your cat man. I thought you were going to say a human that you know died though. I lost my cat once for a month and that sucked. The death that I figured he would come to would not had been as peaceful as getting put to sleep. At least you got to be with him.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:24 PM

Sorry to hear about the cat. My wife and I used to have a one eyed cat that we named Sailor. He was great, always loved attention, cuddly and he drooled when you would pet him. Anyways since he only had one eyes we would heep him in the house, eventually we would let him out in the back yard and he would just chill there. He never ventured anywhere bu the back yard. Well one day I looked out the back sliding glass door and saw a dog in the backyard. I was like WTF??? So I went outside and as I got closer i noticed Sailors limp dead body in its mouth.....so sad !!! The worst thing was my 2 kids "about 3 or 4 years old at the time" witnessed what I saw. Turned out that the bog was the neighbors from down the street and the idiot owner knew his dog used to escape and terrorise the nighbors animals. When I confronted him he didn't even appoligize for his dogs actions and told me it happens.......I so wanted to kick his ***!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
4th Gear

i loved my cat molly too, i remember the day and will never forget it...

your fortunate, you made a great bond with your cat, and friends.

hope all is well

--kid