Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

DUI..while driving the company car..

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:21 PM
1st Gear
Default DUI..while driving the company car..

Life has just begun to suck for him.. He’s a friend of my #4 son, they both are (he was) techs over at Mercedes Benz. Like all the techs there, they can borrow cars of the backlot pretty much anytime. The one he picked Thursday night had tags on it that just expired in January because the lot manager hadn’t got out there with the new tags yet… Well, that was enough to get pulled over on the way home after some dinner and a few beers… He’s f’ckd…. He spent the night in jail, followed by immediate loss of employment. They fired him on the spot. My son had to go down to the CHP impound lot to get the car out and back up to the dealer. The guy recently got a slick new Roush black/black Mustang. That’s gone. Mercedes was paying his $50,000 tab for tech school. That’s gone. All the other schools they would have invested in him? Gone. His license is suspended for a year, and nowadays in Ca, it will cost him 10 grand minimum to get out of this. Then there’s insurance later on, if he can find some and afford it. Ability to get another good paying tech job at a Mercedes dealer? Forget it.
He used to come over here in his Roush ‘stang all the time. Looks like he won’t be around anymore..Too bad. I liked the guy..

Old 02-05-2007, 03:35 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: DUI..while driving the company car..

Stupid stupid stupid. Alcohol and Cars do not mix, unless at the end of the day after working on them.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:46 PM
4th Gear

+1 I should no since i got a DUI shortly after turning 21. Deff. not cool at all plus after you get 1 people and cops look at you differently. Cops are the worst cause if they see you out at night and run your plates you're getting pulled over and getting the 3rd degree. [:@] Sounds like this guy is getting it worse than me though.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

Appreciate the "scared straight" story. Don't drink and drive. Ever.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: NightFlight

Life has just begun to suck for him.. He’s a friend of my #4 son, they both are (he was) techs over at Mercedes Benz. Like all the techs there, they can borrow cars of the backlot pretty much anytime. The one he picked Thursday night had tags on it that just expired in January because the lot manager hadn’t got out there with the new tags yet… Well, that was enough to get pulled over on the way home after some dinner and a few beers… He’s f’ckd…. He spent the night in jail, followed by immediate loss of employment. They fired him on the spot. My son had to go down to the CHP impound lot to get the car out and back up to the dealer. The guy recently got a slick new Roush black/black Mustang. That’s gone. Mercedes was paying his $50,000 tab for tech school. That’s gone. All the other schools they would have invested in him? Gone. His license is suspended for a year, and nowadays in Ca, it will cost him 10 grand minimum to get out of this. Then there’s insurance later on, if he can find some and afford it. Ability to get another good paying tech job at a Mercedes dealer? Forget it.
He used to come over here in his Roush ‘stang all the time. Looks like he won’t be around anymore..Too bad. I liked the guy..
Driving a car without license plates after drinking, could you be any more stupid?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:59 PM
2nd Gear

agreed.i hope ppl learn

Old 02-05-2007, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear

Sucks...

Old 02-06-2007, 02:23 AM
4th Gear

Sigh..

Old 02-06-2007, 02:31 AM

That's going to be a hard lesson to get over.

Sucks that it comes with such harsh consequences for him. I hope he can stay positive and find the best way through it without getting too bitter.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:33 AM
5th Gear

thats shitty, but really stupid on his part

Quick Reply: DUI..while driving the company car..