Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Drove a S4 with Rs4 turbos.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Drove a S4 with Rs4 turbos.

Yes... they are fun[8D] .... so calm under normal driving..but push the gas and the beast reveals itself.

i agree..im not a fan of a tip, but i wont rip him for it..

although my 2 comments... i doubt its 0-60 in 3.7, i would like to know where he gets those figures... it may be close, but doubt its under 4.
he also (i hope) has upgraded that tranny, cause ive heard most auto's that try to go stg3 blow it.

and i wouldnt rip 2ks4, he knows more and is more involved than the good majority on this board or any board. But 2k.. what evidence do you have that the tip stg 3 is faster than manual?? sure with a crappy driver, but a decent driver i would think not.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:44 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

It's never a good deal if theres an Auto in it, you should automatically filter out all cars who have are Auto especially if your cars meant for "speed"

There is no excuse to not have a stick, it brings you closer to your car, its more fun, you can do more things and you have all around more control... plus it isn't girly
That is your opinion, you are entitled to it. Auto's have their place. Just do to the Auto, that doesn't make the car all wrong. Today's Auto's are starting to be faster then manual's.
Look at the new Porsche 911. Is that any less of a sports car?

Now, my car is TIP, for one reason, it was cheap, & what I wanted, well kind of. I wanted a 6-sp, but could not find one, this car popped up, I told them what I wanted to pay for it, (never thought the Dealer would say Yes) of course they did. It's my Daily driver, in my stop & traffic in the NW. It's nice to own. It is not any less of a S4 because of it.

I really hope you love your current car, Sticks are NOT going to be around much longer, it's all going to be DSG, SMG type trans out there.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:51 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: sooks

Yes... they are fun [8D] .... so calm under normal driving..but push the gas and the beast reveals itself.

i agree..im not a fan of a tip, but i wont rip him for it..

and i wouldnt rip 2ks4, he knows more and is more involved than the good majority on this board or any board. But 2k.. what evidence do you have that the tip stg 3 is faster than manual?? sure with a crappy driver, but a decent driver i would think not.
Thanks Sooks, they don't know me at all here.[:@] (I'll paypal you the $$ later)

It is nice in slow traffic to just ease on the car, and not jerk it around. With my M3, I would have to start out in 2nd, and not touch the car to launch the car, just ease out the clutch 2 idle, not fun,& a major PITA.

I have no evidence, but just from the gearing. The TIP, has 5sp VS the 6SP. The gears on a tip are much longer, so there are fewer gear changes, & you are in the power band longer.
If you have a new TC & VB in the TIP, it can be launched from torque breaking, it will brake all 4 tires loose. A TIP will put more torque to the ground then a 6sp at lower RPM's & gears. The TC multiplies the torque to get the car moving, like slipping the clutch. Yes, you can do this to with a stick, good luck doing it over & over, cuz you'll need a new clutch.

My final note is, a TIP is always going to be more consistent. A lot of drag cars use Auto trans in them.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:34 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

I thought he was running rs4 turbos.. now im confused?
Sorry if my wording messed it up, he had k03 and kept blowing them so he went over to RS4k04s, he still has the old tuning for the k03

Old 03-19-2007, 10:50 PM
4th Gear

I don't think stick will ever fully dissapear while gas cars still exsist. Mabye when we have to find an alternate source they will fade, but there simply to popular and much more fun for majority of car enthusiast who want raw horse power with a manual set-up.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:12 AM
4th Gear

true that, still trying to catch him again so i can get a pic.i tell ya the pics say stock S4 but let me try for a vid too, its just sick,

Old 05-08-2008, 06:22 PM
2nd Gear

yeah i agree with s42k on the manual going on less and less cars and him not being know. why not have a car that is geared more and more like a f1 car the shifting in new cars is crazy. you are talking about matching rpms in 1/100 of a sec and shifts that fast never taking you foot off the gas. Now dont get me wrong I love me some stick shifting but if i could get a sequansal(spelling) shifter in my car heck yea i would that to me is amazing tec. as for the whole your car or person is dumb or less of a audi owner for getting a tip not a 6 speed, audi is a audi and if i got a ferrari that is more or less a tip is it less of a super car i think not.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:20 PM
3rd Gear

manual trannys are for B itches

Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 PM
5th Gear

↑ Haha. ↑

I do enjoy driving a stick, but I'm not going to set fire to my A4 and damn it to hell just because it's a TIP.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:52 AM
2nd Gear

With this whole auto manual thing.

I love to drive manul its amazing. However my goodfriend we built a 800+ HP G35 AUTO. Id like to see anyone with a stick beat that car...Wont happen. Some of the best actually all of the best drag cars are a auto.

Quick Reply: Drove a S4 with Rs4 turbos.