Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Drove the new TT w00t

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Drove the new TT w00t

I'm just personally not impressed with the looks, The look of the MK1 tt set the standard for the newer audi's. - Its sad to see them changing it. - It looks more like jap than german.

On the question of the mercedes comment, Have you ever owned one?!

I wouldn't trade my mercedes for anything, its complete worry free driving. - I believe they are better than BMW's in some ways. - and I LOOOOOVE BMW.

- The reason I like bmw is because it has a more youthful look/feel compared to the mercedes.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi

What im point at is that the majority of owners of BMW's and Mercedes owners are going to have money.

1. Brand name - Audi is a good name, but it is not as prestigious as BMW/Mercedes
2. Warrenty and dependablity. Audi has proven themselves just like VW to be in the shop as much as they are on the road.
3. Proformance - Unless you are buying an TT-RS it will not keep up with a standard z4/slk

Again as second ower cars... the three are going to be a toss up for the easiest to mod ...etc ..from that point I already know hands down the Audi will win because of there connection to VW and the many easy and inexpensive upgrade parts.

- Enough said.

Enough said? Well, maybe not. I’m not convinced your comparison is fair, or balanced. My #4 son’s a tech over at the Mercedes dealer. Graduate of Wyotech, then recrutedby Mercedes Benz, and ultimately sent to school in Germany for factory training. His education with Mercedes is ongoing ,and has been to many training schools off site. What’s this all about?. He said he would never consider owning Mercedes for any length of time without a full warranty. Either within the time/mileage limits of the factory, of an extended warranty, or both. Why? They break, A LOT, and are very expensive for the customer, especially when compared to most other cars, (even Audi). Mercedes has some ongoing QA (quality assurance) issues at the factory level in Germany, labor issues, all sorts of probs. most people don’t hear about. This translates to a high number of warranty (hopefully) repairs. With all the ‘prestige’ comes a price…

PS, he drives a ’04 Mazda Six, and loves it…
…loves his job security too..

Old 04-07-2007, 07:23 PM
5th Gear

sweet, i would love to drive one of them. they are definitely a huge improvement over the old tt's

Old 04-07-2007, 09:53 PM
3rd Gear

For another view;

Old 04-07-2007, 11:04 PM
2nd Gear

I have a blue TT, other than the rims I like the MK1's looks much better.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:30 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi

I have a blue TT, other than the rims I like the MK1's looks much better.
You can't even admit that it looks nice? Now I'm starting to become convinced you hate any car you don't own.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear

I honestly do not like the car. - Would I drive one? - Yes. Would I buy one? No.

Ford has cars that look nice doesn't mean I like them. - Yes its a nice looking car, but is in no way shape or form something I find appealing enough to buy.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 18T

What an amazing car! I dontk now how many of you have been in tt's before and im sure most would agree that they feel kinda cheap and rough. But this new one is absolutely amazing! its so refined that you cant tell youre in a TT. The inside is beautifull and the ride quality is top notch. My *** the doesnt hurt like it does when i drive the old style TT's. The one i drove also has the flat steering wheel on the bottom. like the euro rs4. The seat comfort is astonoshing.. all in all its a great drivers car. really fun!

Oh another thing that i love about this car is that the exaust pipes are oval in the back!! blends in perfectly with the body!

The spoiler that comes up in the back once you hit a certain speed (also can have it on all the time) is cool as hell!

I have pics on my phone, but will get more on my camera so you guys can really see. So i wont post till i take some on sat.
[/align][/align]Hey!![/align]U lucky bastard! I need to come out there and get rides in all the cars you guys have sittin in the lot! And I need another car wash...mine aint pretty right now.[/align][/align][/align]ps. are you goin to that o'hare hooters meet on april 14th??[/align]

Old 04-08-2007, 05:24 PM
3rd Gear

Here's a video that I found on You Tube where Fifth Gear tests the 2007 TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R0M2QN7HMI

Old 04-08-2007, 07:03 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: BzeA4

ORIGINAL: 18T

What an amazing car! I dontk now how many of you have been in tt's before and im sure most would agree that they feel kinda cheap and rough. But this new one is absolutely amazing! its so refined that you cant tell youre in a TT. The inside is beautifull and the ride quality is top notch. My *** the doesnt hurt like it does when i drive the old style TT's. The one i drove also has the flat steering wheel on the bottom. like the euro rs4. The seat comfort is astonoshing.. all in all its a great drivers car. really fun!

Oh another thing that i love about this car is that the exaust pipes are oval in the back!! blends in perfectly with the body!

The spoiler that comes up in the back once you hit a certain speed (also can have it on all the time) is cool as hell!

I have pics on my phone, but will get more on my camera so you guys can really see. So i wont post till i take some on sat.
[/align][/align]Hey!![/align]U lucky bastard! I need to come out there and get rides in all the cars you guys have sittin in the lot! And I need another car wash...mine aint pretty right now.[/align][/align][/align]ps. are you goin to that o'hare hooters meet on april 14th??[/align]
haha sure man stop by anytime. we usually have 1-2 s8's and s6's . 2-3 rs4's and other cool cars sittin around....

what meet you talking about? i havent seen a post... eurotek?

Quick Reply: Drove the new TT w00t