Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Drove the new TT w00t

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 04:31 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Drove the new TT w00t

You may, but for those of us who can afford NEW: TT's /SLK's/Z4's. - Not many will lean towards the Audi.

As for costs of mods, yes audi's are easier and cheaper to mod because of VW. But when you buy a Mercedes/BMW ... money really isn't an issue.

Again, the new MK2 is nice, but in my personal opinon it will be a car I will never buy personally. - I'm waiting until the new SLK comes out.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:45 PM
2nd Gear

The only mk2 TT that will be worth having would be the TT-RS or maybe the TT-S... once everyone gets over the "WOW" factor since its a new car,the new TT'swill not seem so impressive... I don't know if Audi is just not trying hard enough to beat or become equal to BMW or not, maybe they just dont want to.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:53 PM
2nd Gear

I agree, I looooooooove my Audi. - Its a great car. A toy. But an extremely fun car.

The mk2 just is NOT impressive. - Because its new it grabs attention, but I do not think it will compete with the SLK / Z4.

They are the same price, and the mercedes gives you a much better ride and proformance. - The z4 has already proven to be a better track car so why would an enthusist buy a MK2?

It will come down to choice, but I stick to my comment - If you have the money to afford one new, you wont be buying a MK2

Old 04-06-2007, 05:21 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi

You may, but for those of us who can afford NEW: TT's /SLK's/Z4's. - Not many will lean towards the Audi.

As for costs of mods, yes audi's are easier and cheaper to mod because of VW. But when you buy a Mercedes/BMW ... money really isn't an issue.

Again, the new MK2 is nice, but in my personal opinon it will be a car I will never buy personally. - I'm waiting until the new SLK comes out.
Its too bad the Z4 is fugly...

By the way, not every BMW/Merc owner is loaded. Every one ofyour posts tends to add up to "I have money, so I buy the more expensive car - I'm better than you." You're really just sounding quite annoying, that kind of boasting doesn't work on a car forum my friend.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:57 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Z4 is fugly, SLK is SL gay, and the TT is a beauty, it will do fine against them

Old 04-06-2007, 06:06 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not saying that at all, to drive an Audi as well you have to have some money. New or Used.

What im point at is that the majority of owners of BMW's and Mercedes owners are going to have money.

Reminder : SLK's / TT's / Z4's ... gay/ugly like them or not are designed as fun second drivers for wealther men and women. - Not daily drivers for the mass's. Meaning YOU HAVE MONEY if you own one. - Please do not take my auto choices into effect. - Also my point is that if you are going to buy one of the 3 (they are aimed at the same type of buyers) People are going to take into several things.

1. Brand name - Audi is a good name, but it is not as prestigious as BMW/Mercedes
2. Warrenty and dependablity. Audi has proven themselves just like VW to be in the shop as much as they are on the road.
3. Proformance - Unless you are buying an TT-RS it will not keep up with a standard z4/slk

Again as second ower cars... the three are going to be a toss up for the easiest to mod ...etc ..from that point I already know hands down the Audi will win because of there connection to VW and the many easy and inexpensive upgrade parts.

- Enough said.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:46 PM
4th Gear

18T are you looking at getting a TT or new car for that matter?

I still have not drove a tt yet. I did sit in 1that was in the show room a few years back while my buddy was checkingout S4's. I was notvery impressed with it at all,very"cheap"inside and uncomfortable.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:42 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: new2me

18T are you looking at getting a TT or new car for that matter?

I still have not drove a tt yet. I did sit in 1that was in the show room a few years back while my buddy was checkingout S4's. I was notvery impressed with it at all,very"cheap"inside and uncomfortable.
Yesterday was the first time ever that i contemplated on trading in my a4 for a TT. But im not financially stable to afford something like that.

I drove the 08 one pretty hard and it was extreme fun! The ride is absolutely amazing! its better than a b7 a4. S-line A4's cant even compete with the ride of the new TT. Its extremely refined on the inside. Come to laurel audi of westmont and take it for a spin. You wont be sorry!

Old 04-07-2007, 10:07 AM
3rd Gear

The interior does look nice. Glad to hear you were satisfied with the car. Can't wait to see the pics.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-07-2007, 02:48 PM
5th Gear

The thing is, no matter how much money I'm going to spend a car... I'd never buy a Merc -- ever.
As for the Z4 vs. the TT... I'd still go TT. I want AWD and a turbo, thanks...
I do agree with VW/Audi requiring a lot of maintenance... but rarely does something go wrong that leaves you stranded. I've had a lot of CEL's, but my Audi has not once left me on the side of the road.

You're thought process in determining the new TT's ultimate failure is definitely flawed... Time will prove that to you, and everybody here.

Quick Reply: Drove the new TT w00t