Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

drive thru car wash...NEVER AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:28 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: drive thru car wash...NEVER AGAIN!

I love the smell of the wax or whatever they use, the stuff that is like rainbow colored... man, I love it.

But man that sucks, hope it works out for ya.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 04-13-2006, 11:09 PM
3rd Gear

You should contact the local authorities and tell them the whole story and ask what you should do. You could also call your insurance company or agent and tell them what happened. They will go after him and get your money. Don't mess around with this guy. He is not going to do anything.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:37 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: evl6096

lol ^^

at any rate, the guy from the car wash called me up last nite and said that the man who was at the car wash when i was there also works at a body shop "every once in a while" and is "pretty handy with cars" and that he'll install all my stuff for me.

wtf i dont want this crack head doin anything to my car. am i allowed to say NO i want a check?
You hold all the cards and are in control so be more aggressive tell that person look I’m being nice to you and I’m growing very very impatient either way I’m going to get my car fixed so just do things my way or we will go with insurance.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:37 AM

well he definatlely knows its his fault. but i think he thinks im some sorta push over and that i know jack dittily about cars

although he must not be the brightest bulb in the bunch because it says right on the estimate that its my dad's shop. my name is RIGHT above his name lol. dumbass.

its not like we put down 4 hours of labor. the labor is like 40 bucks! what a cheap ***!

So it IS ok for me to say no? if he doesnt agree, i have the right to have a lawyer git involved, right? what about the police? or even the BBB.

maybe he just doesnt want to report it to his insurance, but i dont see why?

alright ... here's my advise to you..

first, do you have his insurance info already ?
if you do, tell him in your next convo. that if he trys to jerk you around agian you're going to call them and have them interveine.

i'm betting money that this guy is trying to keep his ins. from finding out about it, hence his cheapness on your repairs.
if he had told his insurance co. about this incident, you would be negotiating all of this repair place/cost issue with them, not him..

(you really should have not have even left the premises w/o getting the ins. info from the employee, but it's too late for that now.. remember for the chance that something like this happens again... i had an incident @ walMart w/ a shopping cart , actually posted the story on here a yr. or so ago.)

next, go out and get 3 more estimates.. you seem like a smart girl, you know who'll give you the highest estimates (hell, if they're your buddy, tell them to "round up" -wink-wink).. my point .. make your fathers estimate the smallest.

you see.. even though your family is willing to help you out and pitch in to save on labor costs... the only person that is saving is this ****-bag car wash owner.. they're not helping YOU out by doing that, just him..
so HE SHOULD pay for every penny of that labor..

..and NO WAY let his idiot employee touch your car again !!!! you ABSOLUTLY have the right to tell him no-way to that offer (he is trying to jerk you around, and save himself $$, b/c he's paying out of his own pocket... no insurance .. gaurentee it)

and as far as "having the right" to get lawyers, the insurance co.'s and police involved... you ALWAYS have that right.. the police would have been a little extreme (unless at the time of the incident they refused to give you their ins. info.. THEN you call the police and they make them give it to you), but they're not gonna do anything for you now...
but, you really should have gotten his insurance co. involved at this point.. they'd be a lot less of a headache to deal with.
and lawyers, well they cost... but in this situation if you are forced to get a lawyer b/c of his actions/ lack there-of, the lawyer will add his costs to the total owed to you by this guy.. it won't cost you anything , but it'll cost mr.-shitty-car-wash alot more... he won't want that... so mentioning that you are going to cantact a lawyer if he doesn't get you a check (THAT CLEARS KEEP IN MIND !!) is a giant piece of leverage in your favor... swing that around and watch him dance..

don't let this douch-bag take you for a ride... hell, i'll take a ride out there from Philly for you and set him straight..

Old 04-16-2006, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

aw what a nice gesture lol comin all tha way over here juz to set this pud straight.

but yeah, so this pig ****** hasnt answered his phone in 2 days. i have yet to tell him im not interested in his crack head to repair my car. so im sure thats why he hasnt answered. Because he knows what i'm going to say....but its alright, i can git his insurance info because I do know some of his employees, so they'd help out if worse came to worse. plus this guy was such a dousche bag to me at first im really done being all nice and innocent to him.

*sigh* i will let yinz know how it goes throughout the week. thanks for all the advice!
its so ANNOYING being a gurl! men try to walk all over you--especially when dealing with cars!

and the sad part is, is that i probably know more than those pudwackers do....

Old 04-19-2006, 03:35 PM
1st Gear

dammit i am gitting SO SICK of this guy!
today i wake up to a voicemail saying that the first time i went thru the car wash, i already had something hanging from my car and he insists that it was plastic.
indeed i foudn out something was hanging from my car, but for one it was metal and for two it isnt anywhere near where my skidpad got a big gash in it. i got that piece screwed back into the car a month before i even went back to the carwash.
This guy is basically telling me that because of that piece, he is not liable. even tho i tell him over and over that i have proof that i got that piece fixed. he just keeps saying to me "well my manager said that there was a plastic piece already hanging down and broken"

he even TOLD me he's not trying to turn it into his insurance. So i hope to god i win because then he has to pay me, my court costs, and his insurance will go all. all because he's "trying to git this done as cheap as possible"

you know. i was trying to be nice and work with this guy, git a used skidpad, etc. But now, fukk that. I am goin to D.O.P. and filing and taking his *** to small claims court. the ****** made me cry on my way to werk today! i hate bein yelled at and when ppl try to intimidate me and take advantage just because im a gurl.

WHAT A ******...............[:@] grrrrr im pissed

Old 04-19-2006, 04:37 PM
3rd Gear

i guess yinz missed this convo where everyone discovered what indeed is between my legs.
WTF???

Rachael, please can you PM me with that evidence. Thanks

ps: Much less importantly...don't accept anything except full reimbursement.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:40 PM

So i git out and grab my piece

i thought this story was going into a real gangsta direction[sm=bicker.gif]

Old 04-20-2006, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

ha^^ out of alllllll these posts, thats all that stuck, eh?
ha

well here's pics of my car finally
u can see slightly where my bumper is all misaligned now

Quick Reply: drive thru car wash...NEVER AGAIN!