Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES! change it to 18
60.00%
NO! 21 should mean 21!
31.43%
No drinking age
8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Drinking Age?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:57 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Drinking Age?

ORIGINAL: auditech79

I think if you're old enough to hold an M-16 and shoot people for your country then you're old enough to have a brewski. [8D]

The only problem is younger individuals generally have less self control, and the DUI rate would go flying up, so i think DUI charges should be made to suspend your license for a minimum of 2 years to get the point across.
That I agree with....

Old 01-10-2008, 01:24 PM
4th Gear

If the legal drinking age were to be lowered to 18 as a federal law; maybe having it begin with people born in the year 2003 would be a good place to start. Having everyone born before 2003 "wait" until they're 21. Personally I haven't seen to many 5 year old binge drinkers; just monitor the usage of hand sanitizer.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:34 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: theTTkid

everyone knows teens retaliate and do what they are told not to do... therefore, if its available then i honestly think that drinking will be less of a problem to young people... sure there will be a time when kids go out and buy and buy alcohol but itll die down...

kinda like driving, i did it before i had my permit and what not and it was fun and a rush everytime... now its just something i gotta do to go to school or take siblings everywhere..PITA
Drinking wasn't as fun when I turned 21 because it was too easy....

Old 01-10-2008, 01:36 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

ORIGINAL: A4speed
i don't drink at all, i would actually vote for no alcohol because it does nothing good for you, and it's ruined so many lives.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. ~Frank Sinatra
Amen to Frank!

Honestly, blaming alcohol for people's ruined lives is like blaming the gun for the wound. You see, there's this lovely thing called Responsibility. Teetotallers (like A4speed) insist that in order to eradicate the consequences of irresponsibility, we must deny self-responsibility - which is just plain stupid. Besides; making alochol illegal won't work anyway, and I can prove it: I present, for your consideration, the period of timefrom January 16, 1919 to December 5, 1933 in the United States of America.

I say lower the legal drinking age to 18; not because of the old saw about "if I can fight for my country, I deserve a beer" - but because if you're an adult at 18, then damnit, you ought to be able to celebrate childhood's end with a nice cold beer!

And for those who want to know, I'm 22 years old.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:00 PM

Old enough to be splattered across a several city blocks in a country more then 75% of America couldn't locate on a map, old enough 2 drink I say.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bob12312357

Old enough to be splattered across a several city blocks in a country more then 75% of America couldn't locate on a map, old enough 2 drink I say.
Absolutely poetic. Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I also think our country needs to legalize pot and tax it. But, like changing the drinking age, sadly, it'll never happen.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:09 PM
4th Gear

^^ I think that may be the first time anyone has ever called something that bob12312357 said "poetic"...

Old 01-10-2008, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: heloman28
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I also think our country needs to legalize pot and tax it.
Tax anything like that tobacco, booze, pot,

i'll even say anything that has caffeine maybe not as much as the other three but come on how many people out there have said or heard others say"i don't care what it is i just need caffeine" well if u need it so bad lets tax it more. think about it we pay higher prices for gas cause of a tax if we rode bicycles or walked then we wouldn't pay the tax (no i am not a greenie)think about it its the same idea behind the other three y do people want tobacco "nicotine" maybe we should have a tax on the substances

I know i am going to get sh*t for this lol

Old 01-10-2008, 04:47 PM
4th Gear

Caffeine is taxed, not directly but there's sales tax on soda, coffee, rapid release meds (which contain caffeine), over the counter diet pills, etc...

Old 01-10-2008, 05:36 PM

i know about the sales tax but basically i was saying for example take Coke caffiene free would be taxed less than regular same with coffee or tea.

Quick Reply: Drinking Age?