Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dooms day is upon us(me)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Dooms day is upon us(me)

ORIGINAL: sadize

panda don't u remember his post from last night? he does a lot more in his car then getting from A to B

oh ya so i say buy an SUV but for the money u got its gonna be an old **** on that will flip over at 30mile turns

Old 08-05-2005, 06:46 PM
5th Gear

if i were you i'd get an early 90s accord and fix it up...i used to have an 89 and i loved that car...i drove it about 30k miles over two years and all i ever had to do was change the oil and replace the water pump once (40 bucks for the pump and i put it in myself)...or a first gen 240sx and make it a silvia, if you want a rocket..although that would take a couple grand more after the engine swap/silvia body kit

Old 08-05-2005, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

u can buy alot for 5000
u can get some good relaible JDM cars
your young all u need is something to get to from point A to point B
well in that case...i guess..but my personal opinion...i would never buy a car for 5K...i would just feel as if it would constantly break down on me...or i'd have to pedal to get it to move or something...

but i'd rather just use that money if anything to a vacation or go someplace..i'd think it'd be more memorable...

Old 08-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Administrator

i drove a civic and it did me well, i loved that thing and i still see it sometime
they are good cars u can probly find a good EG for the price but i dont htink u will find any EKs though
i would buy a nice EG hatch if i was u, those things are practical and have potential

Old 08-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: sneakerpro

they day has come for me to sell my car... and i am going to need a replacement. if you had $5000-$6000 to spend, what are you buyin?
www.1234car.com

Old 08-05-2005, 10:11 PM

do you need a car? truthfully 5K won't get you much, and it'll probably get u a really crappy car...aren't you like 17 or something? so you're still in school i take it..and when you're still in school..you really dont need a car...at least i didn't really use mine except getting to and from school and i lived pretty close to school too...why don't you save it and use it on a down pmt for a condo or go on a trip to europe, or save it for college
are you kidding me? did you ever date a guy in high school that couldn't drive?

"hey you wanna go out friday night?"

"sure"

"cool, i'll have my mom pick us up at 7...."

end of potential relationship. i have a car right now, its a 1993 BMW 525i. i was just looking for something different/better.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

do you need a car? truthfully 5K won't get you much, and it'll probably get u a really crappy car...aren't you like 17 or something? so you're still in school i take it..and when you're still in school..you really dont need a car...at least i didn't really use mine except getting to and from school and i lived pretty close to school too...why don't you save it and use it on a down pmt for a condo or go on a trip to europe, or save it for college

"sure"

end of potential relationship. i have a car right now, its a 1993 BMW 525i. i was just looking for something different/better.
ON THE CONTRARY...my first serious relationship which lasted 2 1/2 years...for like the first 5 months of our relationship i picked him up and drove us around everywhere cause he didn't have a car....i really liked him cause he had the b*lls to talk to me and he had a great personality and was cute and smart too...but i suppose thats true of most girls in H/S that they want a guy who drives...but if a girl isn't gonna go for u only because u dont have a car...thats pretty damn stupid and you're stupid if u go for her...but hey it's h/s....

Old 08-05-2005, 10:54 PM
2nd Gear

I'd buy a MkII Jetta GLI or Golf GTI for less than half that, and clean it up real nice. Then put 15" BBS wheels on it, lower it and put on big bumpers. Alpine white with the black trim looks real nice. Just be prepared to work on it and take good care of it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4220/563D73BFF8B44DC1AE275A0371296663.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-05-2005, 11:08 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: mamasaidA4

"sure"

ON THE CONTRARY...my first serious relationship which lasted 2 1/2 years...for like the first 5 months of our relationship i picked him up and drove us around everywhere cause he didn't have a car....i really liked him cause he had the b*lls to talk to me and he had a great personality and was cute and smart too...but i suppose thats true of most girls in H/S that they want a guy who drives...but if a girl isn't gonna go for u only because u dont have a car...thats pretty damn stupid and you're stupid if u go for her...but hey it's h/s....
Funny story: My friend and his girlfriend were checking out my Audi, when my friend says, "Hey, you could pick up girls in this car." I just kinda shrugged it off because I'm not really interested in girls who like me because of my car. His girlfriend was sitting in the car, checking it out, complementing the interior and how clean I keep it (literally, the only thing I keep in my car is the owner's manual, registration, and insurance card; but thats all hidden in the glove box), when she goes, "You could pick me up in this car!" Needless to say, my friend wasn't exactly pleased, and gave me an envious look. I could pursue it, but again, she's not really into me, she's into my car. So he's right, H/S is like that. There was a thread a while back about using your car to get a girl, and someone said if your car is nice, women are more likely to notice you than if you pull up in some beater.

Is you BMW clean? How come you want to sell it? BMWs in highschool are pretty good if you ask me, I was checking out an M5 of that same body style before I bought my Audi. One thing I'm worried about once school starts again (my first year driving to school) is people dinging my doors up. A lot of people have sh*tty cars that they got as hand-me-downs and don't really care about so they don't car if they get thier doors dinged, or if they hit other people's doors.

BTW, thats not my VW that I posted above, right now all I've got is my Audi. I'm saving up for a GLI like that one though. I'm going to make it the dirt lot rally Jetta until I can afford to work on it.

Old 08-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Senior Administrator

Sneak,

Seriously, you're a "hom-ee" so ahm'll give you the inside tip. Phoreel-phoreel. Check out this website: http://www.bentleydownersgrove.com/search.php It's where I bought my '99 A8 from, this past xmass (nice present for me, huh?). It had just a hair over 45k on the odometer when I took posession. Cost me 19,495.00. Blue book was 28K, at the time. Needed rubber all teh way around, p/s mirror was cracked and a button was missing from teh electric drivers seat controls. It don't cost 9 grand to fix those problems. You're in south-central MI, so Chi-town's only a couple-three hours away, right?

They're LITERALLY teh largest luxury stealer-ship in the midwest. When I save up spme more dough I gotta decide between helpin my g/f get a car (prolly from these guys), or mods for mine... gonna be hard... coochie-points, or hot wheels? NEway. Hit their website. If you like what you see, give 'em a call, they're open Saturdays. You don't (really) know me, but I do give them high marks for customer service. They sent a town car to pick me up at the Airport when I flew in to mix my deal, and promised (don't know if they wudda followed through, but they at least OFFERED) to buy me a return ticket to DC if I din't buy a car from them. Which I did. They even beat my finance companies finance offer by 0.1% on a 5-year...