Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

DONT BUY GAS ON FRIDAY

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Default RE: DONT BUY GAS ON FRIDAY

Yeah, if everyone in the US didn't buy gas on Friday They would have a loss for sure. They would then have a huge surge when everyone filled up on Saturday.

I think the best thing to do is never fill up with the bigger companies. I personally have targeted Exxon / Mobil because of their poor politics. I haven't filled up at an Exxon / Mobil station for 2 years.

depending on where you live it can be hard to avoid them all though. In Florida it's easy for me because we have every company to choose from but in Maine most of the gas stations are either Exxon/Mobile, Citgo or Shell. I've gone with Citgo in the past... but it's picking from three rotten apples.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear

im going for sunoco gas from now on as well, like stated, might as well put the money back into the american economy... and as far as the record profits they are posting drives me nuts as well they wine about it being 120 a barrel, and yet they are making record profits? lol wtf, oh well nothing i can do about it

Old 05-01-2008, 11:02 PM
3rd Gear

Wait, why are people saying that buying Sunoco gas (or Conoco, etc) will put money back in the American economy? That table only said that they don't import from the Middle East, which doesn't mean that they don't import!

Obviously, I'm not thrilled about how gas is getting more and more expensive, but some perspective would be helpful, guys. Our gas is still very, very cheap by comparison.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:06 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Sunoco's oil comes from American wells, goes through American refineries, which are owned and operated by Americans. They don't import from Russia, Venezuela, or the Middle East. Win.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: CLX

Sunoco's oil comes from American wells, goes through American refineries, which are owned and operated by Americans. They don't import from Russia, Venezuela, or the Middle East. Win.
If that's true, that's cool. I'm surprised they don't have advertising and stations all over the fascist South, folks 'round these parts would be all over that!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ssbaudi

thank you chaos... I hate spam like this - i hate it even worse that people believe it! Stuff like this should NEVER leave the junk mail folder.

i'm going to buy a full tank of gas on friday just to **** everyone off haha. I'll have to anyways because i'm dyno'ing my car tomorrow
You don't have to **** on everyone's dream. Go run into a knife.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:48 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: WeezyTT

ORIGINAL: ssbaudi

thank you chaos... I hate spam like this - i hate it even worse that people believe it! Stuff like this should NEVER leave the junk mail folder.

i'm going to buy a full tank of gas on friday just to **** everyone off haha. I'll have to anyways because i'm dyno'ing my car tomorrow
You don't have to **** on everyone's dream. Go run into a knife.
thanks, pal. i'm sorry to break it to you but it looks like everyone is sh!tting on YOUR dream! if you read the first page, everyone called the OP a retard. (you are not a retard cobra03terminator, just a little gullible )

now where is that knife...

Old 05-02-2008, 02:53 AM
1st Gear

I know it wont work but no reason to be a dick about it smartass. You might as well be violating TOS you slimy bastard.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:55 AM
3rd Gear

you're drunk. lol

Old 05-02-2008, 02:59 AM
1st Gear

actually i am, but anyways we should just turn the middle east into a parking lot.

Quick Reply: DONT BUY GAS ON FRIDAY