Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Does motor oil ever expire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 AM
1st Gear

The technical lads / scientists behind oil are called Tribologists. fancy name eh.
What is an oil, what is in it?
Probably one thing you should know is the first number inthe oil title. ie a 20/50 oil. the 20w is the Winter rating of the oil that is what temperature climate are you going to be in mostly? Thats because the winter rating of oil to my understanding in part determines the temp the oil can withstand before freezing. use the oil suited to your climate imho if all ellse fails ask Audi. oh and do use powerup, check them out at Maryn International

Old 02-28-2012, 06:26 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AudiA4blue
The technical lads / scientists behind oil are called Tribologists. fancy name eh.
What is an oil, what is in it?
Probably one thing you should know is the first number inthe oil title. ie a 20/50 oil. the 20w is the Winter rating of the oil that is what temperature climate are you going to be in mostly? Thats because the winter rating of oil to my understanding in part determines the temp the oil can withstand before freezing. use the oil suited to your climate imho if all ellse fails ask Audi.
Two comments:
  1. What does any of what you wrote have to do with this thread? I'll answer; NOTHING!
  2. Please stop shilling that PowerUp crap, it is nothing more than snake oil which will do nothing positive for your oil or your engine.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by shipo
Two comments:
  1. What does any of what you wrote have to do with this thread? I'll answer; NOTHING!
  2. Please stop shilling that PowerUp crap, it is nothing more than snake oil which will do nothing positive for your oil or your engine.
lol you made me laugh thanks. would you kindly show me your own practical evidence of your own efforts to show what you claim? you do your thing i'll do mine, all i was offering was another idea for you to follow or not, with rising fuel prices i know mine wont hurt as much as those that dont find additional methods to reduce internal engine friction.

I note you do not note anything about any of the components that make up an oil and what lifespan any may have.............................................. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm are you shilling here?

one thing i would like you to do, can you absolutely show to me any practical friction tresting you have seen or done to substantiate our claim of " shilling".
oh by the way, from practical experience over several vehicles I am able to state what that product has positively done to help me...........you offer no such evidence for yourself though.
good luck
have fun and enjoy.

Last edited by AudiA4blue; 02-28-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:04 AM
1st Gear

lol you made me laugh thanks. would you kindly show me your own practical evidence of your own efforts to show what you claim? you do your thing i'll do mine, all i was offering was another idea for you to follow or not, with rising fuel prices i know mine wont hurt as much as those that dont find additional methods to reduce internal engine friction.

I note you do not note anything about any of the components that make up an oil and what lifespan any may have.............................................. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm are you shilling here?

one thing i would like you to do, can you absolutely show to me any practical friction tresting you have seen or done to substantiate our claim of " shilling".

good luck
have fun and enjoy.
So what you're asking me to do is to prove a negative with a positive; sorry, it doesn't work that way. You're the one making the grandiose claims with zero backing; to that I say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, evidence which you have manifestly not provided.

So, until proven otherwise, I dub thee a Spammer and a Shill.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Banned

the oil is fine.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Senior Administrator

I added the emphasis on your use of the word "our."

Tell me, are You a sponsor or vendor, on AudiForums, or any of the InternetBrands family of sites & forums?

If not, you have exactly ONE more post, beyond your current 35-post count, to explain why I should not delete your account and every post you've done since joining back in February of twenty-eleven.

Bonus points for originality.