Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you live under a rock? PSA

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 08:25 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

^^^^
agreed, to an extent. the biggest problem I have with the whole voting thing is that the only choices are I. Biggest Moron or Humongous Jackass Crook

Old 01-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Guru

You could always do a write-in. I plan on writing in Huntsman, he seemed to be the only sane one.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:16 PM
5th Gear

the national defense authorization act greatly expands the power and scope of the federal government to fight the war on terror, including codifying into law the indefinite detention of terrorism suspects without trial. Under the new law the us military has the power to carry out domestic anti-terrorism operations on us soil.

“the fact that i support this bill as a whole does not mean i agree with everything in it,” the president said in a statement. “i have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation and prosecution of suspected terrorists.”
FACEPALM

worse, the ndaa authorizes the military to detain even us citizens under the broad new anti-terrorism provisions provided in the bill, once again without trial.

There is some controversy on this point, in part because the law as written is entirely too vague.
but whether or not the law will be used to indefinitely detain us citizens domestically, it is written to allow the detention of us citizens abroad as well as foreigners without trial.
So, you're telling me this vaguely written law, that was signed into law by the president, even though it gave even the president a sketchy feel, doesn't apply to me?

THats great news.

BTW, I feel like I've read about this years ago.... thats right, its coming to me now...

ter·ror·ism/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Noun:
The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
See: National Defense Authorization Act

Old 01-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Guru

I have a coupon for Reynold's Wrap if you want it. I hear their aluminum foil is the best for blocking the government's mind reading machines.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:23 PM
5th Gear

Make jokes if you want, but if you believe I'M the crazy one, maybe you should be the one making aluminum foil hats...

Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Guru

I'm just jaggin you a little, man. lol This is all actually good for me, though, since I plan on taking over the government and becoming the greatest dictator in history. With that being said, how would like a position in the hierarchy?

Old 01-23-2012, 02:02 PM
5th Gear

Thanks for the offer, but by the time its all said and done, I probably won't be living in the US anymore.

Vermont was a its own thing before it was a US state, and we'll go back to that eventually.
Second Vermont Republic

Old 01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Guru

Yeah I know it was. I'm actually somewhat well versed on US history but not as well as I used to be. But just think about my offer man: excellent pay, a pension, giant house, legions of slaves at your disposal, mid-day naps at work....

Old 01-23-2012, 05:33 PM
5th Gear

mid-day naps?

Now you're talking my language.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Tech Guru

Everyone has a price, my friend.

Quick Reply: Do you live under a rock? PSA