Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you live under a rock? PSA

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM
5th Gear
Default Do you live under a rock? PSA

If you do, this is all mind blowing news, if not, its just a reminder.

Look at the sig, sign the petition, and bitch to your congressman, before all your internets are belong to obama.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

done

done

and

done

Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 PM
1st Gear

+1 name to that petition!

Old 01-19-2012, 06:00 AM
4th Gear

SOPA and PIPA - YouTube

In case you didn't know what SOPA/ PIPA is all about... Kinda lengthy.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:32 PM
5th Gear

^ Good video. I signed the petition last night.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:48 PM
5th Gear

Much more simple explanation of SOPA. much, much much more simple.

and it was featured on CNN!

It's from theoatmeal.com btw. If you don't know it, its excellent, and you should check it out.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Guru

Both of you ******** take the links out of your sigs! I don't care if you're saving teh interwebz or not. Teh rulez iz teh rulez.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:24 PM
5th Gear

Fine. I'll just plaster them across every forum section in their own thread.

Not really. Write me up/incarcerate me indefinitely without trial.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Guru

The only law that carries anywhere near that kind of weight in the US isn't even civilian law. It's military law.

Article 106a of the UCMJ-

(a)

“(1) Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent or reason to believe that it is to be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of a foreign nation, communicates, delivers, or transmits, or attempts to communicate, deliver, or transmit, to any entity described in paragraph (2), either directly or indirectly, anything described in paragraph (3) shall be punished as a court-martial may direct, except that if the accused is found guilty of an offense that directly concerns (A) nuclear weaponry, military spacecraft or satellites, early warning systems, or other means of defense or retaliation against large scale attack, (B) war plans, (C) communications intelligence or cryptographic information, or (D) any other major weapons system or major element of defense strategy, the accused shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.

Military law is a whole different animal. One of your constitutional rights is to a fair trial, though they were probably alluding to the punishment that would be put upon foreigners that are pirating all our material, which is big issue. When we try foreign nationals in the US we ALLOW them to have a fair trial, but we don't HAVE to give them a fair trial.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Guru

Also, let me get on a soapbox for a minute. This is the kind of **** that happens when you don't get informed, get your *** out there, and vote. You got all kinds of people running around handing their power off to big government because Big Brother promises to take care of them... Until Big Brother threatens their precious free ****. Then it's all hands on deck. The people have brought this upon themselves; hand off too much power and Big Brother will eventually overstep his bounds. Bottom line: GET YOUR LAZY, CHEETO CRUNCHING *** OFF THE COUCH AND GET TO A VOTING BOOTH THIS NOVEMBER. Don't be one of millions of Americans sitting on your *** on election day thinking "Meh, I don't need to go vote. There's enough people with the same view as me that missing my vote won't matter." And don't even ******* get me started on intellectual property....

Quick Reply: Do you live under a rock? PSA