Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you believe in Capital Punishment?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 06:09 PM
18T
4th Gear
Default RE: Do you believe in Capital Punishment?

ORIGINAL: Chingy

ORIGINAL: 18T

like the poster said above, its not used enough to be effective. if you want something to be afffective be like the taliban or like he said china.

and then there is the problem that not everyone who is on death row is actually guilty.
This may be true but is it 1 in 10,000 or 1 in 10? If its the latter then there is a serious problem in our courts system. Even 1 wrongfully accused is too many but is keeping them alive for 40 years worth keeping 9999 real murdures alive for 40 years?
eh? i was just saying that not everyone is guilty. that doesnt mean stop the executions. im all for it.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

executioners choice of vocation, if voted to take the life of a killer I would do it ( hell someone has to do it ) cheaper to destroy than keep in expesive jails ( I question your thoughts on the murder of innocent people ).
I don't really think capital punishment is cheaper, it costs something like $100,000 a year to house an inmate at Rikers yet to get someone sentenced to death takes years and years of appeals (clogging up the already over-burdened court system) and whatnot involving spending millions on lawyers and other legal fees. Are you punishing the inmate more? No infact you're doing him a favor, not only does he no longer have to live the rest of a his life suffering in prison but he gets a rather peaceful and gentle death rather than dieing of somehting like cancer which is far worse (especially if you're rotting away in prison).

I could give a **** less about doing the "right" thing or any religious crap. I just want the inmate to suffer the most and killing him only guarantees that he will no longer feel pain.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:14 PM

the worst thing a human can do ( regardless of religion ) is to deliberately take the life of another for no reason but self satisfaction

Old 10-04-2006, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

executioners choice of vocation, if voted to take the life of a killer I would do it ( hell someone has to do it ) cheaper to destroy than keep in expesive jails ( I question your thoughts on the murder of innocent people ).
I don't really think capital punishment is cheaper, it costs something like $100,000 a year to house an inmate at Rikers yet to get someone sentenced to death takes years and years of appeals (clogging up the already over-burdened court system) and whatnot involving spending millions on lawyers and other legal fees. Are you punishing the inmate more? No infact you're doing him a favor, not only does he no longer have to live the rest of a his life suffering in prison but he gets a rather peaceful and gentle death rather than dieing of somehting like cancer which is far worse (especially if you're rotting away in prison).

I could give a **** less about doing the "right" thing or any religious crap. I just want the inmate to suffer the most and killing him only guarantees that he will no longer feel pain.
why waste money on scum?? we have real people in need of saviour ( not the unworthy ) $100,000 is a lot of god saving money for the worthy

Old 10-04-2006, 06:23 PM

don't get me wrong here ( if there is any doubt of guilt ) then the law is disabled till its proven 100%

Old 10-04-2006, 06:29 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

why waste money on scum?? we have real people in need of saviour ( not the unworthy ) $100,000 is a lot of god saving money for the worthy
Can you not read? I said its cheaper than death penalty because the legal process for getting someone sentenced to death takes years and years working its way up the chain of courts and costs easily run into the MILLIONS.

And learn how to use the edit butten, you don't need to make a new post every time a thought pops into your head.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:30 PM
1st Gear

I'm not advocating the death of innocent people but since you bring up the subject. I'll use your convient comment as a starting block.

You are an executioner. Everyday you go to work. There you grab your cop of coffee and sit at your desk. In your in box is a list of names of people who have been proven by the courts to have commited murder and have been sentenances to death. So you do your job and at then end of the day you drop your checklist off in your bosses inbox and head home.

Guess what? Murdurer #B14742 just happened to be innocent. Now you are a murdurer of an innocent person. Or am I the murdurer b/c i voted to enact the law for capital punishment, or is the defense attorney, prosecutor, judge, jury, media, music artist that made a song that inspired the real murdurer to commit the crime in the first place?

There is an appeals process and innocent until proven guilty are there for a reason. To prevent this situation. However there may be a small chance that this fails, for a number of reason but basically people make mistakes.

I don't feel comfortable deciding weather or not someone should die. The laws should be set up in a way that they themselves put the decision upon themselves. However this then puts the decision on the lawmakers. Society makes the laws in this country, but more importantly politicians who are afraid to do anything unless it directly improves their bank account or chance for re-election.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

the worst thing a human can do ( regardless of religion ) is to deliberately take the life of another for no reason but self satisfaction
Are you saying that the only reason to put someone to death for murder is self satisfaction? I think the act of murder is a pretty big reason for such an action.

Or are you talking about the person doing the murder. If that person is capeable of the worst thing possible by a human than why do we keep them around?

Old 10-04-2006, 06:42 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Chingy

I'm not advocating the death of innocent people but since you bring up the subject. I'll use your convient comment as a starting block.

You are an executioner. Everyday you go to work. There you grab your cop of coffee and sit at your desk. In your in box is a list of names of people who have been proven by the courts to have commited murder and have been sentenances to death. So you do your job and at then end of the day you drop your checklist off in your bosses inbox and head home.

Guess what? Murdurer #B14742 just happened to be innocent. Now you are a murdurer of an innocent person. Or am I the murdurer b/c i voted to enact the law for capital punishment, or is the defense attorney, prosecutor, judge, jury, media, music artist that made a song that inspired the real murdurer to commit the crime in the first place?

There is an appeals process and innocent until proven guilty are there for a reason. To prevent this situation. However there may be a small chance that this fails, for a number of reason but basically people make mistakes.

I don't feel comfortable deciding weather or not someone should die. The laws should be set up in a way that they themselves put the decision upon themselves. However this then puts the decision on the lawmakers. Society makes the laws in this country, but more importantly politicians who are afraid to do anything unless it directly improves their bank account or chance for re-election.
I rember on Oz one time when they did a fireing squad execution the guard was telling the executioners "two of the 5 rifles have blanks in them so none of you will ever be sure if they fired the killing shots" they should do this with all forms somehow. Like 2 syringes administered by 2 docs and 1 has just sugar water in it. Something along those lines to prevent any legal/psychologial issues.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:43 PM

there are many answers to what you say but in ( law ) the executioner is only liable by thought and answers to the lord god or what ever god you praise, to deliberately take a life for self satisfaction and many other reasons = the lose of yours ( would you keep a pervert alive when they admit they would do it again and even kill for satisfaction ) im no law man but I know what I would do

Quick Reply: Do you believe in Capital Punishment?