Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
71.05%
No
28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Do u like to work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Do u like to work?

I'd much rather hit the lottery... Then I cud make my MONEY work FOR me

Days: I work for a company that has several dozen BILLION in gub'mint contracts, and an almost equal amount of non-federal contracts, if not more. I do network security assessments (recently changed positions/contracts) on one of the larger gub'mine contracts. It's tedious, monotonous and fraught (how often do you get to use THAT WORD in a sentence) with opportunities to screw up... I LOVE IT!!!

Nights: I work of a small (and growing), until recently family-owned physical security company. I could probably take my security clearance, 3-4 years of commercial security experience, 5+ years of network security, and 15+ years of Military experience to any of several (there are, literally DOZENS, in this area) other physical security company's and make more than the $15.00/hr I currently make, but, I like the fact that I get to sit around 2-3 nights a week, along with teh occassional weekend, and surf the 'net and watch satellite TV for 8 hours at a pop.

I'll prolly keep doin it even AFTER my child-support obligation ends next fall...

Old 01-11-2006, 06:27 PM
4th Gear

If the money is there i dont care.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:53 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: tealetm

I've been with a construction company for 4 months working as a project engineer. I do like the job, but I don't like the management team I'm working with. Its all about screwing the hard working laborers/workers/subcontractors out of money which kills me. But thats that nature of the beast I guess.
yeah thats about how it goes in construction an related things. My uncle is a master electrician and permits and fees and those sorts of things make it hard for him to pay for things. Esp. b/c he's in rehab now because he almost lost a fight with some asphault a couple of months ago.

And talking about a crappy team to work with, my dad is a nuclear engineer and works by contract. In his last job he had some kind of applications he had to verify as complete or incomplete (not going into detail on this one haha). now here was the problem. The work force was behind and overloaded, they were all working 70+ hours a week and very fatigued. So the applications werent perfect. He could either 1 verify them and get overkilled by the big guys for not doing his job right or 2 send it back to the work force to fix it, and they would be doing double overtime hours gaurunteed 100+ hours every week for a couple of months. either way everyone is ******* pissed at him. 4 months straight 70-100+ hours of that. couple of guys had mental breakdowns and were sent to the hospital for a few days

so considering that, i ******* love my sad little job

Old 01-15-2006, 03:49 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy

I'm an aircraft mechanic in the US Air Force and I ******* love it. Without work, I would feel lost in life.

your new name is "skygod".

Anyway, if you couldn't tell by my name I'm a pilot. Right now the pay sucks but I will get better. I'm low man on the totem poll so I catch all the ****, but that to will change.. But the part that I love the most is getting to do something that hardly anybody gets to do. FLY.

Old 01-15-2006, 07:04 AM
Administrator

im gonna work until i die
if theres a breath left in my body its gonna be used to earn money

im gonna be one of those ***** with a nice house and dead grass cause im gonna always be working